1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 TRD Supercharger/CAI

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by tackytaco, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Apr 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    tackytaco

tackytaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    N-Ville
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 Debadged
    Hi All,

I've seen a few posts about this, but wanted to see if anyone has been able to get their hands on either. I've called quite a few dealerships and it's always "Check back in a month". The accessories catalog says "Winter 2012" when I went by the local stealership the other day .... Anyone else with a clue?? :confused:

2. Apr 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    URD carries a tCAI for the 2012, only one that fits as far as I know

3. Apr 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD D/C
    3" Lift, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 285/75/16 Michelin LTD On TRD Wheels, 20% Tint, Front Skid Plate, Agri Cover Tonneau Cover. Bed Mat, Bed Extender, Tinted Taillamps, Silverstar Ultra Headlamp, Foglamp, DRL/Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Map Light, Dome Light, Reverse Light, Tag Light, And Front Marker Light Bulbs, Stainless Side Steps, Locking Bed Storage Compartment, Foglight Anytime Mod, LED Daytime Running Light Strips (Same As On XSP-X Package), Heated Leather Seats, And TRD Supercharger With URD Pulley. More To Come ...
    I work for a Toyota dealer and have also been patiently waiting for the fit kit to be released for the 2012 Tacoma as I purchased one last October. I have been checking the parts warehouse every day and as of today, the parts were still unavilable. I have contacted TRD numerous times and have gotten nowhere. IMO, Toyota has really mishandled this entire situation. This truck has been out for over 6 months now. All Toyota has offered are excuses as to why the parts are still unavilable. First, it was CARB ratings, then emissions labels, and now the latest excuse is hood brackets and still no ETA. I fully understand that R & D has to take place before new products can be released for sale to the public and that it takes both time and money but almost 7 months have gone by since this truck was released. The truck has been advertised as having an available supercharger which in fact is false advertising since it is not available. With that said, I will continue to wait like many others and will purchase the supercharger if/when it becomes reality.

4. May 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    Tiip10

Tiip10 Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    TX PRO
    I called TRD yesterday and got the excuse of it's not available right now but it might be in the works. My only suggestion is for others to call and let them know this is a wanted product. I'm disappointed it would take so long and it would not surprise me if the 2011 version fit on the 2012's.

Regarding the TRD S/C there is finally a fit kit for it.

To Top