1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 FM Antenna Adapter

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Raist600, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Oct 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    Raist600

Raist600 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma doublecab
    Unknown if this was asked before, but I have a 2013 Tacoma with regular (non-JBL) 6.1 touchscreen radio. I am installing XM radio, with the use of an FM Direct adapter. Unfortunatley, the antenna behind the radio has changed from the standard jack to the plug type connector.

Metraonline does not carry/make this adapter yet. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement?

Thanks!

2. Oct 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    In another post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/243949-double-din-fit-question.html

He used this:
    40-LX10 ANT ADPT 202-Up antenna adapter.
    [​IMG]

3. Oct 23, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    Raist600

Raist600 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma doublecab
    Thank you for responding Jimmyh! I called Metraonline yesterday and they told me that the 40-LX31 also works. I orderd it from Amazon and will post on whether it was successful.

Now I need to find a good power source for the Powerdirect plug (I didn't want it to be visable). I'm thinking about getting a 12v socket and splicing behind the dash.

Thanks again!

4. Jun 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    EdinCincinnati

EdinCincinnati Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR
    Did this antenna adapter work?

5. Jun 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    Raist600

Raist600 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma doublecab
    Actually, I had a little trouble with the order. The adapter never showed up and I had to get a refund through Amazon.

I ended up splicing and soldering the FM direct box. It worked like a charm.

6. Jun 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    mc79

mc79 Member

Member:
    Hatfield & McCoy WV area
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    winch
    Only thread I see close to my problem's I had... Hope Ban Gods look friendly on me and don't send me out in " Lost In Space like that old TV show" At least I didn't start a new thread & somebody call it useless..

I live way back in the boondocks any of you ride Hatfield & McCoy ATV trail system & this summer few trails be open for Jeeps & I bet they allow our Toyota's on them too. I hear the big truck trails be open on trails near Charleston WV first..
    But I live in heart of trail system friends work all over trail's , We have few and far in-between good Radio Stations to listen to unless you on top mt's..

I got 2011 radio pick up very poorly I swap that factory plastic coated looking antenna and put a regular stainless steel antenna on my Toyota it help it 100% like I had a new radio.. It was shocking the help it did for myself..
    Going try FM booster tomorrow good friend said 1 they carried was crap this other one he ordered for me he swear by it.. only $28.00 I am going try something crazy if don't change my mind. I am thinking of buying 2 and hook them up in series just to try it out see if 2 are better than 1. Yell at me if interested in result's..
    I am no Electrical Engineer but you can try different stuff and sometimes a give me Stainless Radio Antenna will do miracles like in my case.
    This what I love about this web site we all help each other out..
    Please have mercy on me Ban Gods Please I try my best..

Products Discussed in

To Top