1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 pre runner 4x4 or 4x2?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Irontaco69, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Jun 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    Not trying to be a dick here, just blunt....if you started this thread not knowing the difference between a prerunner and a 4x4, and thought there was such as thing as a prerunner 4x4, you need to do a lot more research before you'll know exactly what you want.

2. Jun 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Settlement syndrome? :eek:

3. Jun 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    Toy Yoda

Toy Yoda gotta make sure Youtube comes down to tape this

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
    OME, ARB, Warn, Snugtop XV
    welcome man, I'd go with the 4x4, if you like the scoop then get the TRD sport package, if you want a little more of an advantage off road go with the TRD off road package because it has the locker, but no scoop, either way 4x4 is obivously a plus and i dont think you'll regret it, especially given your situation of such a small difference in insurance payments.

4. Jun 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    I searched approx. 15 dealerships. Drove over one hour to buy. No one came within $1500 of them. If I had a SC address it would have been under $30K OTD with no money down.

5. Jun 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    Irontaco69

Irontaco69 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rex
    Southern California (HB)
    Thanks you ! The locker isn't really necessary for me I don't plan on getting stuck (I hope) and I really like the sporty look of the non functioning breather. But I think I am going to wait Til October for the 2014 models. I have read it most likely won't be until 2015 that the taco gets a complete remodel. But at least if I wait I can maybe get some new features of the 2014 or get a 13 for cheaper. But I have made my decision to go 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top