1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 T.A.Co. Gathering - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Moab' started by NYCO, Oct 10, 2012.

1. May 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    No the cave they found looked like a mining cave I believe in bfe

2. May 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    yah old school mine from the early 20's

its just off strike ravine, we went a little ways down last year, but we werent really equipped with any flashlights or anything like that

3. May 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
  4. May 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    Ah cool! I'm afraid to wander too far into any of the man made caves around there due to them being old uranium mines that are supposedly still slightly radioactive haha.

I did some googling and I found out the name of the one I'm talking about. Tusher Tunnel. Here's a video. It's super cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJu6mk88co

5. May 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......

lol you murican's and not understanding dosage rates, I proactively wore my Radiation badge into the tunnel and my dosage rates for that quarter were less exposure than that of one 8 hour flight

fact of the matter is its all a big mis understanding on exposure levels, if i get my personal geiger counter back from calibration in time, ill bring it with me to see of it goes off at all

6. May 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    Haha I doubt it's super bad but a guy we talked to was like "yeah I used to play in those all the time when I was younger" and he was missing all his teeth and balding in weird spots could barely speak...so we were like yeah...LOL They are pretty cool to check out though. The blueish rocks are cool.

7. May 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    Brandon###

Brandon### Well-Known Member

Member:

We went into that tunnel, it's pretty cool...literally. It was 90 degrees outside and felt like 65 degrees inside.

8. May 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    TROKITA

TROKITA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma TRD supercharged
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    IMO anybody can do hells revenge the trail is actually rated from like 4-9 or something like that cause theres a ton of options and bypasses, and tacomas will be able to do it. years ago my brother did the whole thing on a stock explorer and then we went back and did it again on a stock land cruiser and a stock F-150, by the way non of the cars had armor. and theres a video of a guy that lives in moab doing hells on his crown vic. but there is challenges if you WANT to do them, so guys dont be afraid of nothing, worse thing that will happen is a few bumper benders and scratches but you will not break anything to where you wont be able to drive back home. There tacomas ;) it can handle a smart driver.

NO EXCUSES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  9. May 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    I agree, NO EXCUSES! IMO Hells Revenge is like the key trail to take while in Moab. Views are awesome, obstacles are cool, an pretty much anyone can do it.

There's some footage of my truck doing it back in the day on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmPCDJK_FJs

I only had the lift and 33's at the time (and the factory locker). A stock Taco would probably be fine. Go during EJS and you'll see everything go down that trail :rolleyes: like the car posted before haha

It will give you confidence and some slick rock practice. I'd say Fins N Things is another stock friendly trail too.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  10. May 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    LoadedTaco

LoadedTaco Kick A$$ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Burr Ridge Il
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red Baja

Cool I just subscribed to your channel. Feel free to subscribe back I will be posting up a bunch of Moab videos after the trip.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Huntaholic89

11. May 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Sweet thanks. I haven't posted up videos in forever because I've been so busy lol

I look forward to seeing them!

12. May 12, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    ok.... Bob and Eric and I have been discussing Moab in heavy detail. We are going to be posting links to the first page often, as it will be changing often. Please visit it often for new info.

As for trails, someone already mentioned doing research. The more research you can do the better the chance you will have at finding the perfect trails for your liking! Youtube, bsing with others and trails ratings are all great ways to gain knowledge.
    I agree with whoever said Hells revenge would be a great first timer moab trail. I was even throwing the idea out of Leading a trail run on hells for all the first comers who want to learn what slick rock and Moab is all about. If theres interest, plz let me know. Id be looking for wed afternoon. no later than about 1 id say....

I like the idea of signing up for trails ahead of time. the more organized pre moab the better. Obviously trifecta is gonna be a multi run trail. If we can start lists for trails like hells or kanes i think its a great idea. Im sure Bob will be able to copy and paste the lists to page one. Hes a busy guy so have patience:)

Other than that, id say the best way to find out which trails your truck can handle is compare your rig to everyone else's that are running that trail. Id also like for this to be figured out before leaving Bfe lol.... easier:)

There will be way more details released soon but the gist:

Every driver will sign in, figure out camping, shirts and what not upon entering the campsite.

We are gonna have drivers bags for every truck that signs in. This includes, important rules, contact numbers, and general info.

We are going to expect people to step up every trail run and designate a trail leader. more details later on this. we will have trail leader bags as well, that outline responsibilities of said person.

Also going to start taking donations for raffle tickets right away. We have already mentioned they will be $20 a ticket. If you donate $100 we will give you 6 tickets.
    RAFFLE NIGHT WILL BE HELD FRIDAY THIS YEAR! many people will be leaving to travel back home Saturday, we want them to be included in this year`s awesome raffle.

Picture night is TBD. shooting for the day that weather is good, and majority of the people are still in town. Group shot at the Dunes is the goal:)

Please don't quote this, As i said more info will be posted on the first page soon. We are just finalizing the nitty gritty....

As always cant wait to meet all of you in Moab!

13. May 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    good updates jace!

When do you want to do the night run? Saturday?

also im down to go on the hells run on wednesday with you, as hells gate and eskeelator are on my to do list.

14. May 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Would be nice to run Hells but not sure how fast we'll be able to get there. I think we'll leave at like 6 or 7 in the morning. The drive is 6 hours but we'll be slow. Don't think we 'll make it in time. :/

Did anyone have any thoughts about The Rusty Nail idea?

15. May 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    I haven't heard about this, remind me.

I know I won't be out there by the time that beginner run happens. Oh we'll, I will get a crash course from someone.:D

16. May 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    I need to evaluate more

It's kind odd like pritchett for me I need to pick and choose

Though with out my crawl box I may be out.

17. May 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    lotsoftoys

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    Yeah, figured itd be nice to update people. and yes the hells run would be aimed at newcomers that want a shakedown introduction to Moab:) but yes hells gate and escalator are bad ass

remind me too, rusty nail......

18. May 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    lotsoftoys

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap

Adam:
    Bob and Jason and I are actually going to be running trifecta earlier that day with Eric and the crawler friends that are coming down from CO.... We will have a full group as well. We are going to be hitting the trail at 7. one hour head start. That leaves 3 spaces open on your run.

19. May 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    Ugh, I wish I could jump on one of those spots...

20. May 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    I would partake in the Hells run with Jace :D

Products Discussed in