1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Taco lift help???? quick

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Taco Billiam, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Sep 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    Taco Billiam

Taco Billiam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Minot ND
    Was asking my local dealership about lifts today for my 2013 double cab 4x4 and they push the fatbob lifts. I told the tech that I was not interested in the spacer lifts and he suggested to fat bobs 3" coilover option with the adda leaf for the back. He said they had done several of these lifts on taco's with good results. He quoted me 1100.00 with tax, installed, out the door. How bad does this sound? I know its probably high, but I live in Bismarck ND, and everything is high here. I am wondering if this is a quality lift and worth the money or not. I like the pricepoint and was wanting to not spend a whole lot, and REALLY didn't want to go the spacer or block option. Thanks for your help.......

2. Sep 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    How are you planning on using the vehicle? Do you haul much with it? Off-Road use? Is it a long bed or short bed?

3. Sep 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Taco Billiam

Taco Billiam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Minot ND
    Its a long bed and I plan on adding a topper soon. I hunt and fish in it all the time. I live in ND so it will see snow half its life,lol. I go to Wyoming and other states hunting and pretty much spend a month traveling nothing but trails and bad roads. I also plan on adding a hidden winch. After the lift is installed I plan on putting duratracs on as well. I will probably only go up one tire size as I don't want my fuel economy to bomb. I just traded in my 2012 tundra because I put a 3 inch OME lift and 33 inch open country MT's on it. I never checked the fuel economy until the truck had ten thousand miles on it and was broken in. When I finally checked it, I was shocked......12mpg. It also only got 8 pulling a twenty foot camper. I really don't want to kill the milage on my taco. Im hoping after lift and tires and topper to still break 16mpg after the truck has some miles on it and is fully broken in.....time will tell........thoughts????? Thanks

4. Oct 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    I would avoid the spacers if you plan on taking it off-road much. Coilovers are certainly the highest performance option. And are ride height adjustable up to 3" max (I recommend 2.5"). For the rear I would recommend the 3 Leaf HD add-a-leaf kit. This will provide the lift needed to match the front, will add some extra support, and will also help the rear end ride smoother over rough terrain.

Toyotas are not the best with fuel mileage. They run rich. But that is what helps their engines run forever.

5. Oct 2, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    Taco Billiam

Taco Billiam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Minot ND
    doesn't sound like anyone really knows anything about the fatbob coilovers....

Products Discussed in

To Top