1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Taco show backup camera on radio

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gmcuajo, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Jun 22, 2017 at 9:23 AM
    prux56

prux56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 White Tacoma TRD
    Hey,

As I was on the verge of giving on my 2012 TRD Sport up I connected to just the red and white wires on the middle white connector at the fuse block and voila, I now have an image on both the HU and the mirror. The HU is a little grainy given the resolution on the camera but very pleased with the outcome.

Now the trick will be getting all the wire harnesses out of the way so that the HU (Pioneer 8200) will actually fit without cramming it in there. Do you have any pointers or tricks on how best to get the harnesses our of the way?

Thanks,

P.

Elkhart and sbates like this.
  2. May 13, 2018 at 9:40 AM
    sbates

sbates Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    Extang Tonneau Cover, aFe Pro Dry S air filter, Weathertech Floormats, De-badged, Plasti dipped Toyota emblem black, Plasti dipped a/c control panel black, 48-led Dome Light, Tailgate Damper,
    Do you have any pictures of the fuse block and how you wired it? I plan on buying a new HU soon and am very interested in displaying the stock rear camera on the HU. I'm assuming I'll take a single RCA (yellow) cable, strip that.....then I'm lost, haha. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top