1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Tacoma - TRD Sport or TRD OR?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Grieby54, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Jan 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    SaveAHoRideATACO

SaveAHoRideATACO Pro Tech

Member:
    Lake Harding, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Off-Road 2WD
    3" Coil Spacer Lift to Front; 1.5" Add-a-leaf to Rear
    I'd save the $2000 you mentioned for the nav and JBL system. You could have a professional custom aftermarket install that would sound much better for that kind of money. Just my opinion...

2. Jan 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 [OP] Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB MGM JBL/Entune/Nav
    WeatherTech Digital Liners, ImMrYo rear view mirror bracket, color matched grille, Tacoma door sill protectors, OEM hood protector, clear bra, tint, OEM roof rack, trimmed front mud flaps to match rear clearance, debadged, color matched grille, Plasti Dipped front Toyota emblem, OME 884X coils with trim packer on driver's side, OME Nitro Sport 9000 shocks, Deaver/ToyTec AAL with OME N182 shocks, 265/75/16 Duratracs, ProComp 7032 16" wheels
    Well, made the plunge and the truck will be here in a month.

2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4 V6
    JBL/Entune/Nav
    Tow Package

MSRP $34,880
    My price $31,435

Added the Clear Bra, Tint, Hood Protector, Roof Rack, and Theft Protection (they wouldn't take it off the price). Bringing the total to $33,098. Then used my wife's college grad rebate for $1000 off. Grand total was $32,098 + TTL. So my OTD was right at $35k.

I went to another dealership who usually has great prices and they wouldn't even match this price. The leather and heated seats added $2k, and I couldn't justify that.

3. Jan 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    miniceptor86

miniceptor86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McGregor,IA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Prerunner Dbl cab
    TRD sport exhaust and cold air intake, nerf and bull bar, RideRide, ProEFX towing mirrors, BakFlip F1 trifold tonneau
    Congrats on the new truck, waiting will be hard but worth it.

Looks like you can get a custom set of leather heated seats on this forum for around a grand.

Jim

4. Jan 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    sparkyufo

sparkyufo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    13 BLK DCSB TRD Off-Road
    13" AntennaX shorty More to follow

First, do some homework online and you can find what the dealer invoice cost is. You should be able to negotiate to try to get it as close to this as possible. You will not get it under, but you can get it for less than sticker. Make sure that ANY option you want is on there and don't let them try to sell you something on the lot if it is not exactly what you want. You are going in with 25K so you are in control. If they say that they cannot get you want you want, then you should leave and tell them you are going to find a different dealer that wants your buisness. If you say you are going to leave and they let you go...don't go back because then they will be in control. Don't tell them how much you are going to be putting down. That should be the last thing you tell them about, AFTER you get a set price in WRITING. As far as interest is concerned, that will depend on your credit history. When you talk to them about financing, then you can let them know how much you are going to be putting down. With that size of a downpayment, there is no reason not to get a rock bottom interest rate with that much money on the table.
    Build one on the Toyota website exactly how you want it and make sure you print that out. Then get on Kelly Blue Book to see what the value would be and also make sure you find the vehicle invoice price online somewhere so you know how much that truck SHOULD cost.

That is my $1.00 worth

5. Jan 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    sparkyufo

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    13 BLK DCSB TRD Off-Road

Go with fabric. Kids are going to stain things no matter how much you try to avoid it. easier to maintain and clean the fabric vs. leather.

6. Jan 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    sparkyufo

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    13 BLK DCSB TRD Off-Road
    You got a pretty good deal on the truck. Congratulations.
    Welcome to Taco Land. Now lets see how long it is before you start modding it and posting pictures on here.....hahaha.

To Top