1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by V5ioV, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Jul 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    Saskquatch11

Saskquatch11 TRUCK YEAH

Member:
    das ist gut

2. Jul 13, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    V5ioV

V5ioV [OP] My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    I wanted Argentina to win but they are fouling and ref isn't calling it. Good for Germany

3. Jul 13, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    Noles1

Noles1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner(gone) ....... 2015 TRD Sport DCLB (now)
    BFG's , wheels , shadow mod ........
    That was a great World Cup altogether and Brazil hosted well. See you guys in 4 yrs.

4. Jul 13, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    Guys.... this was a really good thread... never thought we would have this many post when I had the idea to make it....
    :thumbsup:

5. Jul 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Oh... and if my memory doesn't fail... My man James #10 from Colombia will be taking the 2014 World Cup golden boot

6. Jul 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    What? I guess not....

7. Jul 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Why? James made 6 Messi made 4

8. Jul 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Never mind I got the golden ball and golden boot twisted when Messi went up to take it

9. Jul 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
  10. Jul 13, 2014 at 3:59 PM
    Noles1

Noles1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner(gone) ....... 2015 TRD Sport DCLB (now)
    BFG's , wheels , shadow mod ........
    I'm with you on the Golden Ball going to someone other than Messi. I was thinking Mueller while the teams were waiting but after seeing your post stats of the goals to min, James with no question. Seems like it was a consolation award for coming up short.

11. Jul 13, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    Flowin

Flowin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Acworth, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD OFF ROAD
    OME 3" lift, 265/75/16 KO2s, 35% tint
    I thought both teams were pretty equal in the first half of the game, then it slowly shifted more and more to Germany...since I was born and raised there I can tell you those Germans are soccer crazy (since this is the only sport they have lol) I never caught the bug though...

12. Jul 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    Great world Cup! Kinda sad its over, but i guess it frees me from the tube for the rest of summer.

13. Jul 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series

[​IMG] LOL

14. Jul 13, 2014 at 10:04 PM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
    Agree with the rest of the world, Messi didnt deserve it

Should given this golden ball to someone that deserve it like Muller , I think that Blatter ended given this trophy to Messi as an consolation prize.

[​IMG] Argentina's Lionel Messi casts a dejected figure with his Golden Ball award alongside Golden Glove winner Manuel Neuer.

Messi: "This was a chance to give the fans some joy after all the sadness. Golden Ball is not important, all I wanted was to lift the cup"

Messi on Golden Ball: "I just wanted to win the World Cup. This award means nothing to me now"

15. Jul 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Messi was a bum all tournament

16. Jul 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM
    matadorCE

matadorCE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    '05 Prerunner Accesscab TRD Offroad
    Germany at least was the most consistent team all tournament and at least they performed up to the hype. Although I didn't like seeing a European team win the cup on this side of the world, neither Brasil nor Argentina looked strong enough to live up to the hype.

This world cup was just so-so IMO. Teams and stars not performing like they were expected, good players missing the cup because of injury, the appaling refereeing that only seems to be getting worse, and the blatant diving that seems to have become more accepted.

17. Jul 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    Good for Germany, years of work paid off.

18. Jul 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    Fack brazil. Go Germany!

19. Jul 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    There may have been more suitable recipients for the Golden Ball, but this free kick was for me the most memorable one of the tournament. It came off of the foot of Messi, and it was brilliant.
    http://youtu.be/GINeuNu0GZw

20. Jul 16, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut

Products Discussed in

To Top