1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 - Not what I expected

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Firenailer, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Mar 13, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    lickem66

lickem66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    12 V6 DCSB 4x4 Sport 6MT
    Ride-Rites, OE tubes, Tri-Fold tonneau, extra bed D-rings, OE bedmat, center console organizer, rearview mirror bracket re-locate.
    Wow, no homelink would probably be a deal breaker. I have not had a garage door opener in my car since the early 00's for gods sake. Did we just jump into a 'way-back machine'.. nope it's just a '14 Taco..

2. Mar 13, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    willee51

willee51 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Forest, VA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma (early 2015)
    MOD's coming
    At 67-yo, I have had more Tacoma's than I care to admit to :eek:

The ONLY thing I did to any of them, maintenance wise, was change the oil :mad:

On my 2nd POS non-Toyota vehicle, and as soon as the Lemon Law suite on this last one is settled, I;m getting another TACOMA :cheers:

Lesson Learned the hard way :rolleyes:

3. Mar 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Banana Nut

Member:
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    '14 SR5 AC 4x4 6Spd
    I have a '14 and it came with a backup camera that displays on the touchscreen so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

4. Mar 14, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    OCNutty

OCNutty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern, Va.
    Vehicle:
    Silver Prerunner DC v6 SR5 Tow
    I'm looking at the '14 brochure; none of packages other than Limited show the backup camera. And the chart states that it requires a perferred package for any of the models to get the camera, so it's not standard.
    Having it in the cam in radio display was expected.
    So was the cam stated on your sticker as part of the package? Perhaps my eBrochure was an earlier version.
    I'll stand corrected.:)

5. Mar 14, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    transplant

transplant resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad
    the camera in the radio is entune plus and premium. if your truck comes standard with that, the backup camera is included.

6. Mar 15, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    Druzuki

Druzuki Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD Sport

I agree it's a circular argument. You're 100% right on the trailer brakes, I wish more people paid heed to that. It's nice the Tacomas (at least with the tow package) are prewired for trailer brakes. For the record though, the Tundra comes with both a trailer brake controller AND electronic brake force distribution, so Toyota has the parts in-house already. The MSRPs between the two trucks at comparable trim levels are a ways apart but with the frequent incentives offered on the Tundra, if you could wait for "red tag days" or the end of the model year, you could get a Tundra for the same price as a Taco. The Tacoma was the right size for me so I accepted the compromise, but it's too bad Toyota takes advantage of the weak competition against Tacoma to limit what they offer or include in the way of options. AGAIN, for you guys that want a BASIC truck, and keep your vehicles long term and big miles, with less gizmos to fail, I hope there's always that choice. I tend to go 3-5 years and modest miles so for middle $30's I'd like to see all the bells and whistles.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. Mar 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    ArnieSea

ArnieSea Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arnie
    Salish Sea, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Double Cab SR5 4X4
    My 2014 SR5 DBCB 4x4 is a significant upgrade from the 2001 2x2 SR5 I had before. By contrast it is quite an upgrade & I'm very happy.

I have to agree that I wish it had some of the technology of my 2010 model 4 Prius. The main thing I miss is the keyless start and the seat warmers. The home link rearview mirror would be nice but not as important to me as the keyless start. It is so nice to not ever have to take your keys out of your pocket!

My Toyota history: '95 Corrolla, 96 Camrey, '01 Taco, '07 Prius, '10 Prius, '14 Taco.

8. Mar 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    rademan11

rademan11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    4X4 trd off road
    Ranch Topper, Bull Bar.....Yes, I know everyone thinks they are crap, I like the look

What mirror did you buy on ebay?
    Where did you find the wiring?
    This could make my day....

To Top