1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by dapetik, Dec 31, 2012.

1. May 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    azman

azman Member

Member:
  2. May 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
  3. May 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
  4. May 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    TacoBow

TacoBow Intentionally cosmetically correct.

Member:
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Quad LB
    Rollin' coal with positive engagement. Why most certainly! Do it up, put it in a 2012 chassis and I'll buy it.

5. May 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    TacoBow

TacoBow Intentionally cosmetically correct.

Member:
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Quad LB
    He might not like Hilux, but the signature pic is undeniably badass.

Rutger Hauer likes turtles? Who knew? Now THAT is truly BADASS.

6. May 14, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    Werkro01

Werkro01 Senior Clown

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Butters
    Long Bed Leer cap, Wheather tech floor liners, Black badges, Demello Offroad front plate bumper, rear wrap around tube bumper and sliders. Scorpion lined bed, rocker panels and fender flares.
    Some things I would like to add to the conversation:

No way they're gonna add a V-8 option to the Tacoma. Modern V-6 and even inline 4 cylinder engines can generate more than enough power for the truck. A modern V-8 may very well decrease the durability and longevity of all the moving bits on the truck like the suspension.

Secondly, more electronics!? Really!? Come on guys it's a truck. I would prefer to see a basic model with radio/music system, A/C and heat with power steering and lights and that's it. I have a 2002 SR5 Tacoma with no power windows nor mirrors nor seats and love it because there is just a whole lot less that can malfunction or ever needs replacing.

What the hell is wrong with a sunroof on a truck? Remember not everyone has their Tacoma for off road use. Some people actually use these trucks for work and get them because they are super dependable and they can't afford to miss a day of work. Why shouldn't they be able to have the wind in their hair on a nice day? Remember if it's an option you don't need to get it.

Personally I think they should do away with the paint matched fender flares on the SR5 and TRD packages because I think they look stupid. Then again some people really like them. But I would say slim down the front bumper and make the packages a bit more modular since some people don't want back up cameras and integrated navigation. Although I have to admit I really like my blue tooth link for my phone... that they can keep. In essence I would like to see the Tacoma be a bit more customizable out of the factory than it is now which might just take making all the dealerships semi-mod centers which they already are.

But that's my view. If you don't like it say "f*&k you!" and be rude if you like but I never asked you to like it just accept it and move on.

7. May 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    Werkro01

Werkro01 Senior Clown

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Butters
    Long Bed Leer cap, Wheather tech floor liners, Black badges, Demello Offroad front plate bumper, rear wrap around tube bumper and sliders. Scorpion lined bed, rocker panels and fender flares.
    I also really want them to bring back awesome decals!

Products Discussed in

To Top