1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 AMA Supercross Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Styx586, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Apr 7, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    millertime89

millertime89 Flatlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yes sir
    You can tell it's really rehearsed and he doesn't seem like he actually loves the the truck. He says it's the perfect vehicle for his lifestyle over and over. Don't get me wrong, I love my 1/4 ton, and that chevy has the same amount of room in it as the tacoma, but if I had a wife and kids and was taking them to the track with me all the time, I'd either have a trailer or I'd be in something with a crew cab long bed like the '97 F350 my dad has.

As for Houston, I like Bowers and Webb in the 250 West, East is obvious with Musquin, Bogle, and Martin. I like Musquin to win again over all though and Dungey should win the 450, but if Tomac gets a solid start, he can hang with Dungey no problem.

2. Apr 9, 2015 at 9:22 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Billie 5100's all around, 885's, Dakars, Wet Okole front seat covers, Weather Tech mats front and rear, NFab nerf bars, front mud flaps removed, hoseclamp tailgate mod, front badge color match, cb antennae mount in a bed cleat, 4' Wilson antennae, salex console organizer, led's in map and dome lights, plasti dip all badges black, bedside stickers removed, OEM exhaust tip, plastidip hood scoop black, bed rail mounted military can, maglite seat mount mod, TRD shift knob, OEM bed mat, bottle opener bed mod, window tint on fronts, uniden 520xl cb, Redline hood struts, OEM front skid plate(silver),RuggedT bedside decals, Yakima cross bars and Yakima Load Warrior basket, cali raised amber pod, cali raised 31" light bar in lower valence, painted engine cover, 7 pin relocate. Blue sea fuse box, Softopper black. Shmelfab sliders
    Off topic, but here is Justin Barcia's Taco, custom done by NFab.

tumblr_ndezztSNSL1s6pktjo1_500_zpskqru28_224ff21705604f021de4ffd988c73ff54397fe70.jpg

3. Apr 9, 2015 at 9:26 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Billie 5100's all around, 885's, Dakars, Wet Okole front seat covers, Weather Tech mats front and rear, NFab nerf bars, front mud flaps removed, hoseclamp tailgate mod, front badge color match, cb antennae mount in a bed cleat, 4' Wilson antennae, salex console organizer, led's in map and dome lights, plasti dip all badges black, bedside stickers removed, OEM exhaust tip, plastidip hood scoop black, bed rail mounted military can, maglite seat mount mod, TRD shift knob, OEM bed mat, bottle opener bed mod, window tint on fronts, uniden 520xl cb, Redline hood struts, OEM front skid plate(silver),RuggedT bedside decals, Yakima cross bars and Yakima Load Warrior basket, cali raised amber pod, cali raised 31" light bar in lower valence, painted engine cover, 7 pin relocate. Blue sea fuse box, Softopper black. Shmelfab sliders
    Thoughts for Houston anybody? Wonder if we'll ever see Dean Wilson again, tough 450 rookie year, kid only did first 3 races. 250: Im thinking Cooper, Bowers and Hansen.

4. Apr 10, 2015 at 6:55 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    That Tacoma looks sick!! ^^ Yamaha blue and everything haha.

I'm hoping Houston will be good. I think for the 450's I'm going with Dungey, Tomac and Reed. I think Dungey will clench the title at this race. For the 250's I'm going to say Webb, Bowers and Stewart. Only 4 more races until the seasons over. :rant::rant::rant:

5. Apr 10, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    millertime89

millertime89 Flatlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yes sir
    Outdoor though :headbang:

6. Apr 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    True true. IMO outdoors is more technical but I enjoy watching the indoor series more for some reason. I think its cause the outdoors the cameras are all over the place.

7. Apr 10, 2015 at 11:26 AM
    millertime89

millertime89 Flatlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yes sir
    Yea I agree about the cameras for sure, I like outdoor cause there's so much more that goes into it. Like watering for example is such a big deal, over water and you're racing in cake, under water and it's a dust storm. I also love the variety of tracks in outdoor, no 2 tracks are ever the same because of the soil type, like you've got pure sand tracks, clay, pure dirt, mixtures etc. The other thing is the landscapes that some tracks utilize, you can't have valleys in a football stadium as well as they're generally set up to maximize space and so you get small tracks crammed in stadiums rather than nicely spread out over a large area.

MAN am I excited for race season to start!! I'm still waiting to here back from a local shop about the new yz250f I'm buying. Fingers crossed they call soon. :D :drool:

8. Apr 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I agree with you on everything you said about the outdoors. I like attending indoors better as well when they raced in SLC, Utah but they stopped coming here!! But instead they do have one of the outdoor series in Tooele, UT so I catch that one every year. Indoors in a stadium you can see the entire track but outdoors you can only watch a certain section of it.

9. Apr 10, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    millertime89

millertime89 Flatlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yes sir
    Yea exactly, if you could see the whole track outdoors it would be perfect. But at the same time I enjoy walking around or riding a bicycle and watching different parts of the track. It's nice cause even though you can't see everyone, you can get a lot closer. Like I always watch the start and then head over to whichever part of the track I like best kinda thing.

All in all, I'm pumped for the outdoors and to see how AMA finishes off

10. Apr 10, 2015 at 12:55 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah its fun to walk around and check out different parts of the track. I remember 2 years ago we sat by one of the sand sections and people didnt think it would be a good spot but then during the races lots of riders kept beefing it in that section then out of the blue we were surrounded by spectators haha. I still like the outdoor series but I dont watch every race as religiously as SX. :eek:

11. Apr 10, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    millertime89

millertime89 Flatlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yes sir
    At our track here in Regina, SK where the Canadian Nationals have a race each year, there's a jump we call the ski jump and there's basically a straight away to a kicker that sends you down into the valley and as you come back up the other side of the valley there's a jump (ski jump) that you can just launch off of and land at the top on the other side of another jump. It's kind of like a double I guess but the first jump is pretty small, it's just that you have so much speed coming into it you sail. It's a great jump to watch the pros just send it off of haha

12. Apr 10, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    Haven't been able to read this thread.
    Been too far behind all season.
    Just now watching Detroit.
    Damnit Canard!
    I thought that poor guy was finally going to make it through a season! And he was running good too! Second only to the dunge.
    If it wasn't for bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all. :pout:

13. Apr 11, 2015 at 4:09 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    X2. You would think with such a big fan of the man up above you would think that he would cut him a break now and then. :eek:

14. Apr 13, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    What's up fellas! Well first some good news to share with y'all! I've landed a job with Lucas Oil Pro Motocross! I will be traveling to all 12 rounds as part of their track crew. I am out of my skin excited and filling out their paperwork as we speak. If you're planning on going to a national PM me and well try n meet up!

********HOUSTON SPOILER ALERT******

Well my hat's off to Dungey, this was his time, with no RV no Bubba and no Roczen,(and a few more out!) it wasn't easy but a lot of the big hitters weren't a threat. Gratz to him and his 2 year KTM extension! I had a hunch Seely would do well but damn son! He was charging. He had a 12 second lead on 2nd, halfway thru the race. Felt bad for Reed getting taken out by Andersen, hmm was that karma for Reed bumping Canard @ A2?

250: Webb nak nak! Great job by that kid! Too bad Bowers didn't put up a bigger fight. Tyler ended up like 21st? Guess he's been sick and now RacerX says he's gonna have back surgery and miss all of 2015. Bummer, wanted to see him race outdoors.

Props to Malcom aka "the predator" for charging hard! Man that guy was in 11th on lap 1 and moved up to 3rd! How about Hansens's boots??! Bright pink enough for ya? And how about that kid Oldenberg making the 450 main racing a 250! There were actually 5 guys on 250's racing the 450 class but only Oldenberg qualified for the main and finished 15th! props…have a great day everybody gotta get back to paperwork. peace

15. Apr 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Congrats on landing that job!! Should be a blast to work at the races!! I will most likely be at the Tooele race but I'll be working as well on a food truck if we are there again this year. That was some good racing thats for sure and even crazier that the 450 and 250 West class already wrapped up the championships!! I remember RVP did this a few years ago as well. Ive always liked the Diesel and his consistency has finally paid off so congrats to him!! Webb looked really good to and glad he got the championship. Haha yeah Hansons pink Fox LE boots....I just got mine in last week and yes, they are super bright pink but I love them!! Only 3 more races until the season is over.:(

16. Apr 13, 2015 at 4:52 PM
    millertime89

millertime89 Flatlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yes sir
    Solid recap, I missed the races. Fortunately I was just playing with my new toy :D 2015 YZ250F :headbang:
    IMG_1789_zpszva9ppah_8bd71752c1ed0975ae0456416e39fdf21b9aa6d8.jpg
    IMG_1787_zpsldca7l5p_ebb08015aedfbc4cad76860fcee4e67f962eabd3.jpg

17. Apr 13, 2015 at 5:28 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Nice YZF!! ^^^ 250? You need black backgrounds haha

18. Apr 13, 2015 at 7:37 PM
    millertime89

millertime89 Flatlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yes sir
    Yea 250F, my class here in sask motocross is the junior mx2 so you gotta use red on white. Black would a lot sicker but rules are rules

19. Apr 14, 2015 at 6:47 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I was just messing.

20. Apr 14, 2015 at 3:34 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Thanks bro, yeah hit me up before Utah. Ill look for ya in those Fox LE's in the food truck area!!

Millertime: that YZ looks awesome!!!! I like the Miller on the front number plate as that is my last name too! And the blue bike+blue Taco=a great combo!

Products Discussed in

To Top