1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sold Bronze Bonnie and Black Betty now BS and random questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by jztacoma, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Aug 16, 2017 at 7:27 AM
    jztacoma

jztacoma [OP] Trust me I’m an Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    untitled.jpg

sounds good to me man!

DrFunker[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Aug 16, 2017 at 7:32 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    My favorite season!

:thumbsup:

jztacoma[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    Ugh ok so got the truck back this afternoon. New tranmisson is in ($3,980 if anyone is curious how much a new 6speed costs). So put my foot into the clutch annnnnnd freaking thing croaks like a frog. So the original issue didn't get fixed. Go back in and they forgot to call it in for warranty. Found out that it's outside of warranty so they are going to call Toyota care tomorrow to see if they can do a good faith repair since they did it 13 months and 30,000 miles ago. But good news is truck shifts nicely and goes into reverse one handed now.
    So pondering that one issue was caused by the other. So when I hear from the dealer tomorrow I might bring up the fact that a faulty pedal might have caused something. But who knows.
    End of the day I'm glad to be back in my Taco, all the service guys liked it and even the girl helping me at the counter loved the color haha

4. Aug 21, 2017 at 3:53 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    Annnnnnnnnd still having transmission issues. Truck keeps getting hung up trying to go into reverse (especially on any incline), gets a little hung up downshifting into 5th above 60mph, clutch still squeaks, and now got hung up going into 1st at a dead stop.... Needless to say not all that happy

5. Aug 21, 2017 at 4:24 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    :annoyed:

6. Aug 21, 2017 at 5:11 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    yeaaaah trying to get the dealer to call me back now. Def frustrating

7. Aug 22, 2017 at 6:28 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    Welp back at the dealer for round 2 of transmission issues. 1st, reverse, and 5th acting up now. Feels like clutch doesn't want to fully disengaged or something. At this point hoping for a miracle and they buy the damn thing back. O yeah and the pedal assembly still squeaks/croaks :annoyed:

8. Aug 22, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    Ok so updates. Took the service manager and the shop foreman for a test drive. The shop foreman was able to get the squeak to replicate, and right at the very end of the drive he got it to replicate the reverse issue. So from the sound of it there is a large number of complaints to Toyota about the reverse gear in the manual not wanting to engage. Either due to lack of syncros or just how the gears try to mesh together. So its being labeled as normal right now. Kind of aggravating since it makes shifting into reverse kind of a crap shoot if it will go in easy or not. But same time I guess its nice that nothing is wrong?

They are still trying to order a replacement pedal assembly at least, have a feeling once that is done it might actually solve the remaining issues. So shall see what happens

DrFunker likes this.
  9. Aug 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    :fingerscrossed:

10. Aug 22, 2017 at 8:51 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    yeah the foreman was good sport about it. Actually was shifting fine, pulled into the dealer and goes to back up into a spot and reverse jammed up. I looked at him and said that's what has been happening. So functioned everything a bit more and basically came down to its how these 6speeds mesh together. Fingers crossed on the new pedal assembly and then I'm gonna flush the transmission after a few thousand miles I think.

Did test drive a 4runner on Saturday.... o the temptations haha but between closing on the house next week and the sales guy keep trying to convince me a rav4 is better in snow then a Tacoma o_O:rofl: and better fit for us, and also he wouldn't really give me a dollar value for anything. We ended up walking away. But the Mrs did like the 4runner more so win there

11. Aug 22, 2017 at 8:52 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    :woot:

12. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:55 PM
    Sna

Sna Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 trd sport 6MT dcsb, mostly stock?
    So how are them there Cooper ST Maxx tires holdin' up?

jztacoma[OP] likes this.
  13. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:05 PM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    Have about 8,000 miles on them right now. They came in at 17/32" new and I've lost average about 1.5/32" since new. They've all seem to be wearing evenly. Front show a hair more wear then the rear which is weird. Kind of thinking the front sitting little lower is causing that.
    But I've been hauling and towing quite a lot, and like 90% is all highway so super impressed how it's handling it all. Rain traction has been great. Did a road trip to Michigan through a solid rain storm and it never hydro planed. Mpg is floating around 18mpg with mixed driving. Highway is 20-21 long as I keep it to 65 and under. No sidewall damage even when towing 6,000 pounds and occasional coming off a curb.
    They do hold rocks though. Really only negative I can say performance wise. They also have a slight right pull. Rebalance abs two alignments only slightly cured it. But they are coming up for a rotation soon again so see if that solves it.

Been back and forth on buying a straight set of snow tires. These have gotten great snow reviews, but I have spare rims and really don't wanna wear these to much to soon. So see what kind of Black Friday deals come about.

Hesitating little bit since a Toyota Rep has come out to investigate the continued transmission and clutch issues I've been having. Clutch is still croaking and transmission is still shifting funky

Sna[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM
    Sna

Sna Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 trd sport 6MT dcsb, mostly stock?
    Sucks to hear about your continued tranny (6-speed ;) ) issues....hope it gets sorted out asap. I so want these tires but I occasionally hear about this pull to the right issue that they have and it's got me a little worried since I don't want to have to deal with this kind of BS with NEW tires.

15. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    Thanks man! See what happens. I know I'm gonna catch some grief from them for being lifted but the issues started (and were noted) beginning of last summer when the truck was stock

Yeah so when I got these mounted it tracked perfectly straight. Did a rotation and got the pull... now my thought process is when I rotate them back it will track straight again. I really haven't had to much time this summer to play around with it to see if it's just one tire being weird.
    It's not really a bad pull. It's small enough you think the crown to the road is doing it. But OCD does kick in with me

Sna[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Sep 8, 2017 at 5:51 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    So Taco is going to go back to the dealer to try and fix the clutch pedal again. Right now its nudging on NYS Lemon Law rules. Kind of want to see if Toyota would be will to work something out on it. Love the truck but have that voice in the back of my head being worried on having to do this all again in a year, or if the warranty expires I could be screwed.
    So waiting on the dealer to call me back on if the parts will be in today for the clutch see if I can beat the service and sales manager up a bit on it. They do have a 4runner on the lot that I could go for so never know.

17. Sep 8, 2017 at 9:08 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    :(

18. Sep 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    so called the service manager. truck is still within the time frame to qualify, but over the mileage. They aren't to concerned about having a squeaking pedal in terms of trade. but still know it wont be a price I like. soooo im just gonna wait and see how it all goes right now. when I actually drop the truck off see what they say in terms of trade and such

19. Sep 12, 2017 at 7:56 AM
    jztacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Semi Stockish
    yayyyy Toyota Case started about the ongoing clutch pedal and transmission issue. Dealer has gone dark on getting back to me so ended up calling Toyota direct about the whole thing

20. Sep 12, 2017 at 12:37 PM
    DrFunker

Member:
    :annoyed:

Products Discussed in

To Top