1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 OFFICIAL CITRUS MEET

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jon4x4, Oct 22, 2014.

?

WHICH DATES

Poll closed Nov 21, 2014.
  1. FEBRUARY 13-15

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. FEBRUARY 20-22

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. FEB 27-29

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. DONT CARE

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. Feb 28, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    xmadcowx

xmadcowx Old man club. Sold out to Ford.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    19 Raptor/21 Bronco. 12 OR sold. 05 xrunner sold.
    Functional
    Yea, John sent him a message earlier in the week, no reply I assume or we would get a "everyone is all paid up" message from John. I don't like airing dirty laundry but this is stupid and so easy to fix.

2. Feb 28, 2015 at 6:08 AM
    comatosed

comatosed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD Sport
    TRD roof rack, Roof Basket, Weather Tech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Eclipse AVN726E dvd/nav, kicker door speakers, 8" kicker sub & amp, fox 2.0 coil overs, moab 2.0 front bumper, Full CBI Skid Set, CBI Offroad rear Bumper, CBI Sliders, BFG AT KO 2, Leer Topper setup for camping. Other mods-full synthetic, carbon filter, de-badged, center console lock.

If they don't pay let us know I'll send you some money paypal. Then we make a shit list and if they show up to any meet get the Banhammer.

3. Mar 1, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    GuyHuey

GuyHuey Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
    89 4Runner, 2020 MGM TRDOR 4X4
    Ball joint spacers and lift blocks, am I doing it right?
    I took the front end apart this morning. I found the top trunnion bearings cage in three pieces, 4 of the 15 rollers completely disintegrated and one split length wise. Needless to say completely destroyed. The bottom one was almost ceased up, but more or less intact.

Parts ordered:I went with the trunnion bearing eliminator kit, based on web reviews and because Marlins site it says his 25mm upgrade only works with his steering arms.

Next weekend is shot, so hopefully it'll all be rebuilt the following weekend.

GH

4. Mar 1, 2015 at 10:03 AM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    At least it wasn't the housing. Glad to hear you found the issue and are in the process of gettin' 'er done.

On my front, no where near as bad as yours, but when I took my tires off to clean the brakes and insides of the wheels, I managed to wash my wheel weights off one wheel. Gonna have to go get them bad boys rebalanced. Probably needed it anyway considering how chewed up they are getting from the on-going conflicts with the fender. They should probably be rotated too, but I don't think I can bring myself to put the not-chewed up tires back there to get chewed up. :rolleyes:

5. Mar 1, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    The End

The End Support our troops!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    HP60/14 bolt, Atlas 5.0.
    This is good news.

6. Mar 1, 2015 at 7:22 PM
    Nived9559

Nived9559 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Miami
    Vehicle:
    Gx470
    Took awhile to clean my interior, but that's mostly my fault because I left my window open when devil pulled me out so I even got sand in my air vents. Lol And my bushings got all noisy and brake pads got messed up from it. can't wait to go again it was well worth it, even the ticket fwc gave me.lol

7. Mar 2, 2015 at 3:14 AM
    xmadcowx

xmadcowx Old man club. Sold out to Ford.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    19 Raptor/21 Bronco. 12 OR sold. 05 xrunner sold.
    Functional
    Same. At least mention it in passing and I'll get your next lunch at 4R.....well at least the next one where I'm there, so it might be awhile :)

8. Mar 2, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    dirtymike

dirtymike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Fiberglass,spindles, coils, 4"leafs, gears&locker, no skids :-/
    Sorry he just paid this morning everybody has paid now

9. Mar 2, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    Nived9559

Nived9559 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Miami
    Vehicle:
    Gx470
    Good to hear.

10. Mar 2, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    dirtymike

dirtymike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Fiberglass,spindles, coils, 4"leafs, gears&locker, no skids :-/
    People don't get on all the time so I'm patient with that but all the money is here now so no need to worry bout it. Thanks again to trail cat for keep up with the list I wouldn't have been able to do that

11. Mar 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM
    Trail Cat

Trail Cat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida to NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Bull Bar - TRD Exhaust - Predator Side Steps - Alarm - Anytime On Fog Lights mod - OBD UltraGauge II - LED Dome & Map Lights - LED Aux BackUp Lights - LED DRL - Gate Keeper mod - TRD bed Cup Holder & Bottle Opener - Center Console Lock mod - WeatherTech Mats - Kicker Hideaway - Rear Door Speakers - Spare Tire Extension Valve mod - Tail gate 3rd Brake Light Bar - Proline Wheels - Rear Diff Breather mod (left rear tail light area) - "Florida Tacoma's" sticker - BFG A/T KO2 tires -
  12. Mar 4, 2015 at 5:16 PM
    comatosed

comatosed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD Sport
    TRD roof rack, Roof Basket, Weather Tech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Eclipse AVN726E dvd/nav, kicker door speakers, 8" kicker sub & amp, fox 2.0 coil overs, moab 2.0 front bumper, Full CBI Skid Set, CBI Offroad rear Bumper, CBI Sliders, BFG AT KO 2, Leer Topper setup for camping. Other mods-full synthetic, carbon filter, de-badged, center console lock.
    So my broken needle bearing and leaking axle seal ended up requiring a entire new front diff! Plus I had a leaking crank seal which was already replaced at 30k a call to toyota corporate after the dealer refused to replace it and toyota agreed to re-imburse me for the repair. I had a front end vibration for the past year that is now gone! woohoo I think citrus was just the straw that broke the camels back.

I have a 7 year 100k power train warranty that came with the truck. At first the service manager called the warranty company and only told them my axle seal was bad they said they weren't paying for the repair because it wasn't internal. I made the dealer put my truck up on the lift while I showed him and the tech all the play in the axle. Then I called the extended warranty company and told them there was more wrong and waited 6 hours at the dealer before they even agreed to tear into the truck I picked it up today 5 days later. Once they got inside the diff they said the spider gear was all chewed up and a rebuild after labor would cost more than a replacement. $2100 later I ended up paying $380 for both to be repaired and will get a check for $350 from toyota....Not bad...;)

13. Mar 4, 2015 at 5:21 PM
    20vmki

20vmki Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '03 PreRunner Limited
    OME 3in lift, Spidertrax 1.25in spacers
    Glad you're back up and running...not bad indeed!

Products Discussed in

To Top