1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 Tacoma 3" Lift/Tire Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Timjohansson, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Apr 13, 2017 at 5:47 PM
    Timjohansson

Timjohansson [OP] Member

Member:
    I bought my 2015 Tacoma brand new from a dealership in November 2015 sitting in the showroom with big tires, nice rims, and a 3" lift... I think I paid $2500 for the tires/rims...
    Just last week we noticed that the tires have been rubbing on the upper control arm. The black coating on the upper control arm is warn away. Looks like when I take an extremely sharp turn it rubs...
    Took it to the dealership and first they told me they would pay for 75% of the cost of new (smaller tires) because the ones that they installed don't fit. I said no...this is your fault and you need to correct it while allowing me to keep these tires. I bought it that way!!
    They kept it for 2 days and told me that the only real option is to either change the tires or put a 1 inch spacer to get the wheels out. He said it's not actually a spacer but said they often use it on Tundra's when they put on a bigger more aggressive tire...
    He told me that lifting it up another 2 inches wouldn't look good with the tires I have and it isn't recommended because it wouldn't ride well or something...
    He also told me that he looked into it and an aftermarket control arm wouldn't work because they are made for off roading and not for day to day driving. He said it wouldn't last and I wouldn't want it for driving on the road.
    I'm not sure I want each tire to be 1 inch out because I like the way it looks now...
    I'm pretty upset by this whole thing because this is the dealerships fault. I honestly just want the problem corrected and keep the look of the truck the way I had it.
    Any insight...comments...suggestions...??

2. Apr 29, 2017 at 10:36 AM
    azsean

azsean Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    HELL ... aka mesa,arizona
    Vehicle:
    2013 black prerunner trd sport
    gosh.. where do I start, 18x9’s on 275-65 ridge grapplers. Bilsteins, clazzio leather, audio consists of stereo integrity,fosgate power amps,sundown audio, hybrid audio. Plus more...
    i love the look of spacers !! especially 1 inch. most run 1.25

Products Discussed in

To Top