1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 TRD double cab short bed exhaust

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Derrick85, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Jul 23, 2016 at 12:11 PM
    Derrick85

Derrick85 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Vehicle:
    2015 black TRD Off Road
    I just traded my 2015 base 4x4 for a 2015 double cab. Since it has a V6 I want to do a few things for performance and sound. All the exhaust systems I've found are for double cab long beds. Does anyone know of one that fits my short bed truck? I'm also looking for a cold air style intake, that doesn't draw air low enough to suck in water. Most of the performance parts I have found show only working up to 2011 models. Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 23, 2016 at 3:31 PM
    Nate-O

Nate-O Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Have you looked at a TRD exhaust?
    Those should be readily available.
    As far as cold air intakes, some people like them some don't There is also a TRD CAI. If you are worried about sucking in water you should search snorkel intakes. I have no experience with either. Good luck.:thumbsup:

3. Jul 24, 2016 at 7:50 AM
    Derrick85

Derrick85 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Vehicle:
    2015 black TRD Off Road
    Thanks for the reply. I looked at TRD first, I think they had one to fit but was hoping to find one a bit cheaper. I like magnaflow but am open to other brands. I think any intake that draws air from near the stock location will be fine. The only time I cross water is crossing the shallow side of our pond to fish or shoot, so as long as it isn't lower than stock it should be fine. I just want a little less intake restriction and less muffled intake sound. I think a snorkle might be more restrictive than factory.

4. Jul 24, 2016 at 8:48 AM
    Longboard1110

Longboard1110 ...................

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    A few things
    I've been thinking about selling my afe intake from my 15. Pulls air from the stock location. Won't be for a couple weeks though. $300 shipped

5. Jul 29, 2016 at 1:20 AM
    Derrick85

Derrick85 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Vehicle:
    2015 black TRD Off Road
    Thanks Longboard. I am interested but intake will probably be one of the last things I do and you may have it sold by then. I found a TRD exhaust that fits and may order it. I don't know where I got the idea that it was more expensive than other companies. It is actually cheaper than what I've looked at. I just wonder what the tone of those is. I like magnaflow and borla sound. I guess I'm worried the TRD exhaust doesn't sound aggressive enough.

Products Discussed in

To Top