1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 Still Vibrating

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by grandprix321, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Jan 23, 2018 at 9:51 AM
    oldharleyguy

oldharleyguy Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Sport
    265/70/17 Coopers, 17" Fuel Vapor, 2 inch level, Catzskin grey leather, Extang solid fold
    Check out the threads on this site on replacing the needle bearing with a bushing supplied by East Coast Gear Supply........common problem these trucks, more so if they're lifted. I had the same issues you had for an entire year and replaced the bushing last week.....no more vibrations.

lpfe42 likes this.
  2. Feb 10, 2018 at 7:59 PM
    lpfe42

lpfe42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Santa Barbara County
    Vehicle:
    20 DCSB CEMENT
    5100/887 Icon uca
    Look at this

Attached Files:

3. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:39 PM
    The hammer

The hammer Who’s the Wrench?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR5 4X4 DCLB TSS Pkg 17X8" BSW-Cooper DIscoverer AT3 4s P265/65/17
    Underworld Flex trifold, tinted, TRDPRO grill, TRDPRO shift knob, etc,etc
    Something you can do yourself, yes....When I first got my 4Runner I took it back the next day for a vibration and the stealer rebalanced the tires and said there was nothing they could do. I shook my head, took the keys and went home were I...

Jacked up the vehicle, took my torque wrench and I loosened all the tire lugs and hand torqued them all back to the factory spec as per owners manual (81lbs) Problem solved!

It runs smooth as silk since then, but it's time consuming when you do things right :/

Hope that helps
    Cheers!

4. Feb 14, 2018 at 2:30 PM
    Mike3327

Mike3327 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Gratz, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Taco TRD Barcelona Rd
    Toytec 3" Race Relations Wheels RR2-S Diamondback Bedcover Hooke Road Roof Rack
    Well I had my 17 back at the dealer today for its due oil change and asked to have the bearings on the drivers side looked as well. I called the dealer to question the bill for the oil change and tire rotation and got my explanation. They then called me back and left me a voicemail telling me that the vibration which has been checked by their dealership and the dealership where it was purchased have both determined that the vibration is "nonexistent". This coming after I have taken their technician for a ride and was told that they felt it and also being told they have made the determination that it is the tires and nothing wrong with the truck. Apparently the fact that it started with the factory tires and I have gone through 3 other sets of tires with no change went in one ear and right out the other. Fed up with Toyota and their dealerships!!!!

5. Feb 14, 2018 at 2:50 PM
    MarvinL

MarvinL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4X4 DCSB
    maybe you will have luck with this one https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...-cyclical-groaning-grinding-noise-tsb.532596/
    someone already had it done successfully with a lift.

6. Mar 8, 2018 at 2:10 PM
    Mike3327

Mike3327 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Gratz, PA
    Vehicle:
    I don't have any grinding or groaning noise coming from the front end. The only groaning is coming from me every time the dealer says nothing is wrong.

7. Apr 16, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    SloTaco89

SloTaco89 Member

Member:
    I have the same shuddering issue on my 2017 Tacoma when "gracefully" braking at all speeds. In the dealer now for the 4th time for this issue. They claim that the Toyota Lugs put on by discount tire are not "TRD" lugs and it is causing the issue.. they have grinded down the rear drums and front rotors, the issue continues. We will see what happens after this visit.

8. Apr 16, 2018 at 4:35 PM
    Sosk

Sosk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vancouver Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    Same issue here. Same tires, but only on the second set.

Just ordered some K02's after having a loaner taco with the same tires for almost two weeks and no vibes.

9. Nov 13, 2018 at 8:03 AM
    Mike3327

Mike3327 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Gratz, PA
    Vehicle:
    Well heres the update. I was able to finally get myself a bearing puller to fit the front diff and get the needle bearing pulled out. Not to my surprise there were a few needles already missing from the assembly and that will be brought to the attention of the dealer whom I requested to have look at it a few months back and advised me that there was nothing wrong because there was no play in the axle. I replaced my front diff needle bearing with the ECGS bushing and that has taken care of the vibration. Along with the bushing I also replaced the seal. This is where my new problem has started. After a few days I've developed a pretty good leak from the diff. Now it's off to get another new seal in hopes that it takes care of the issue once and for all.

10. Nov 13, 2018 at 1:54 PM
    Grossomotto

Grossomotto Complete 3rd Member

Member:
    39.9526° N, 75.1652° W
    Vehicle:
    2017 4WDV6LB6MT
    It’s not an easy install with the bushing and the new seal had to go in perfect.

A couple months ago I did new shocks on coils, rear AAL and ECGS bushing and seal by myself, not easy for a caveman.

Just checked today, no leaks. Make sure it’s seated flush and the spring is still on the inside of the seal.

FA2CDE21-9252-4708-B42C-9546EA933EC5.jpg

11. Nov 13, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    Mike3327

Mike3327 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Gratz, PA
    Vehicle:
    Stopped by the dealer today to grab a new seal, which by the way is way overpriced, and spoke with a service adviser and a tech that handles drivetrain issues. I questioned if the had in the system about me asking to have this bearing looked at u deer warranty and was told yes. I then showed them the bearing and asked why it was not taken care of being tha the truck is still u deer warranty for the drivetrain. Of course I got no response to my question but was made aware of the fact that since I did wha they wouldnt do I have voided that particular part of the warranty and they wont do anything about it. After speaking with the tech he felt that it was probably the seal but to also check the new heavy duty axle with a micrometer to make sure sizes matched up. Heres to an evening of working in the dark.

12. Feb 13, 2019 at 4:27 PM
    Mike3327

Mike3327 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Gratz, PA
    Vehicle:
    Well here is some updated info that I have received from a Toyota dealership employee. According to this person, who is reputable, Toyota is well aware of this issue with there 16+ Tacoma. He was told that the issue of cutting the front tires and the vibration/bushing problem has been looked into by Toyota, however they will not be correcting or doing anything for that matter about it and he was also told by his supervisor this issue will not be discussed at all in the future or there will be consequences. He was kind enough to provide contact information for the person that was supposedly investigating the issues. For those of you who are interested or would care to contact the office......1-800-331-4331. I for one will be making a call to them.

13. Feb 13, 2019 at 6:03 PM
    lpfe42

lpfe42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Santa Barbara County
    Vehicle:
    20 DCSB CEMENT
    5100/887 Icon uca
    Crazy:annoyed:

Products Discussed in