1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2019 VooDoo PRO Build

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by Jbcpeterson, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Nov 28, 2018 at 5:14 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Jbcpeterson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    C4 Fabrication Low Pro Winch Bumper -Smittybilt X20 -Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead -Factor 55 Ultra Hook -Baja Design 20" S8 Amber Prinsu Designs Cabrac -Heritic 40in Light Bar CBI Offroad Overland Bed Rack -2x Rotopax 4Gal Gas -2x Rotopax 4Gal Water -4x Rotopax Locking Mount -2x Rotopax Mounts Rago Modular Accessory Mount -Pelican 1660 Cali Raised Side Projecting LED pods -Low Pro Hood Mounts -OEM Switch Pannel -OEM Ditch Light Switch -OEM Bumper Light Switch -OEM Roof Rack Light Switch King Extended Travel Suspension Total Chaos UCA's Deaver Stage II Leads BF Goodrich KM3 -33's Yota LED Raptor Lights Weather Tech Floor Mats Safari ARB Rear Differential Breather Hose Relocation
    Yeah man and that would be a pain in the ass!

2. Nov 28, 2018 at 5:18 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    C4 Fabrication Low Pro Winch Bumper -Smittybilt X20 -Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead -Factor 55 Ultra Hook -Baja Design 20" S8 Amber Prinsu Designs Cabrac -Heritic 40in Light Bar CBI Offroad Overland Bed Rack -2x Rotopax 4Gal Gas -2x Rotopax 4Gal Water -4x Rotopax Locking Mount -2x Rotopax Mounts Rago Modular Accessory Mount -Pelican 1660 Cali Raised Side Projecting LED pods -Low Pro Hood Mounts -OEM Switch Pannel -OEM Ditch Light Switch -OEM Bumper Light Switch -OEM Roof Rack Light Switch King Extended Travel Suspension Total Chaos UCA's Deaver Stage II Leads BF Goodrich KM3 -33's Yota LED Raptor Lights Weather Tech Floor Mats Safari ARB Rear Differential Breather Hose Relocation
    So the prinsu wont be here till January and I would absolutely do that but with me having surgery and not being very moble I've already scheduled to have the arb put on. I'm sorry and your right that would help but I'm just stuck having to do it at this point. I was in a helicopter crash and have 3 surgery's on 3 different body parts so I have alot to focus on at the moment. I do appreciate how much your interested and involved with this though your pushing me lol. What model and year tacoma do you own? I see it says 2018 DCSB but I dont k ow quite what that means. I see you have a off road though. I dont know if you have special floor mats or not but I have my stock pro ones just sitting in my garage if you would like them I'd be happy to ship them to you or anyone that would like them.

Sub_Par[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Nov 28, 2018 at 5:22 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    So I unbolted the DAI from its mount and had measurements of how high the Cabrac is at the point where the snorkel mounts to it and my snorkel head and tube would have to be flexed almost half off of my a-frame and it looks terrible! I'll post a picture of where the top of the rack would come to on the snorkel head.

4. Nov 28, 2018 at 5:27 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    Yesterday I met with a fellow Marine who has a 2018 cav blue trd pro and we put them side by side took measurements, removed my snorkel head and placed it where it would be next to the cabrac and I'd have to litterally cut a good portion of the cabrac where would sit and it looked horrible. I'll post a pic of where it would hit and on sunday when we meet back up I'll post a pic of my snorkel head next to his rack where it would mount to show what I'm talking about. Thank you for the pictures man your truck looks great! Have you thought about powder coating your cabrac?

5. Nov 28, 2018 at 5:28 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    No worries man I appriciate any feedback what so ever!

6. Nov 28, 2018 at 5:38 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    Ok everyone hopefully the provides a bit better of an idea. So where the arrow is that I drew is where the top of the roof rack would hit if not a tiny bit higher. Realize that the Cabrac also come out past where it bolts in so cutting the rack wouldnt be the only solution I'd have to push the snorkel off of my a-frame as well which I did to see how it would look and it looked horrible. Hope this helps in helping everyone kind of mentally picturing where it would sit. If you look at the bracket where the snorkel bolts to my roof the cabrac sits about an inch past that bar I believe.

IMG_1728.jpg
    Screenshot_20181128-083313_Gallery.jpg

7. Nov 28, 2018 at 5:53 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    So today I figured I post a bit of Humpday motivation. First though I'd like to thank everyone for following this thread, your advise, and feedback! I think its great and I'm happy to have you all involved in this. There isnt a huge Tacoma / Overland community where I'm at so everyone's advice, criticism, and conversations are awesome. Anyways I hope everyone's week is smooth going so far and if not the end is in sight! I'd like to share my 3 rules I lived by for a good part of my career so far and I know it can and apply to the Tacoma / Offroad / Overland community!

RULE 1.
    NEVER GET LOST!

RULE 2.
    ALWAYS LOOK COOL!

RULES 3.
    IF YOU GET LOST YOU BETTER LOOK COOL DOING IT!

HAPPY HUMPDAY GUYS!

Picture was taken on a deployment I did to Romania 1st Bn 2d Mar Scout Sniper Platoon Erebos 3
    Screenshot_20181128-084603_Gallery.jpg

huskyhog0317 likes this.
  8. Nov 28, 2018 at 6:33 AM
    literallynothing

literallynothing I tow my new truck around with my old truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB
    Steel and 37s
    The rack got sent to get powdercoated yesterday haha

9. Nov 28, 2018 at 6:52 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    Cant wait to see your finished product!

10. Nov 28, 2018 at 9:22 AM
    literallynothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB
    Steel and 37s
    Thanks! I look forward to seeing your solution

11. Nov 29, 2018 at 6:00 AM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    Good morning everyone this morning I figured I'd post about something a little off topic from my post. We all use our trucks for different reasons whether it's an everyday driver, overlanding, offroading, hunting, ect. Something that cant be denied is the ability to get these vehicles from Point A to Point B in almost any condition, they are tough and resilient to say the least. Being in the Military and having been through a good amount of survival training something I like to ask myself is am I able to get whatever I would need to survive and sustain in a very short amount time and get out or get to any number of situations and have what I would need in my truck. My build in particular is going to be based alot off this reasoning. If you have ever lived through a disaster you probably have a good idea of what I am getting at. I've witnessed gas stations go dry and store shelves go barren in hours numerous times, Ask yourself if you found yourself in a situation where you had limited time before something terrible hit or happened in your area would you be prepared? Do you have enough fuel to get to or away from what's coming? Will you have access to water, will it be contaminated do you have the ability to purify your water? If the power is out do you have the ability to sustain the light source your using or the ability to make a fire on the fly? How about food, do you have food available that you can grab fast that can last and not expire, do you have the tools and equipment to hunt or catch food? These are questions I asked myself when deciding how I wanted to build my Tacoma. I am from Florida and was in the Miami area during Hurricane Andrew, I got hit directly my Francis, Ivan, Irene, Charley and many more to include just getting decimated by Florence. I am by no means a hardcore prepper but I do believe being prepared. Our trucks give us amazing capabilities, why not take advantage of that? We have the ability to store extra fuel with rotopax or jerry cans, rotopax also sells waterpax, leitner designs has an amazing bed rack with storage capabilities for days! I personally keep a few essentials in my truck at all times that I figured I would share with you guys incase this post interests you. I keep a survival kit in my truck, it is in a small hand held water proof pelican hard case and inside I keep a water proofed lighter, a magnesium rod, and different forms of tinder. There is a small lifestraw, and water purification tablets, snare wire, fishing line and hooks, needle and thread, a whistle, and a razor blade for cleaning and skinning food. I also keep a foldable solar pannel for charging batteries and my phone, a few MRE's, chem lights for marking, a first aid kit with plenty of tourniquets and equipment, an empty backpack to fill if I must leave my truck. I keep gloves, Two Esee Knives, my Glock 19 with 4 spare mags, my SBR with 8 Spare mags, my plate carrier, flashlights, a tons of spare batteries, a handheld gps and a bit more. This seems like a alot and that it would take up alot of space but it all fits neatly under my back seat in the storage compartment. These items are all essential to survival and sustainability in an emergency. Our trucks have the ability to get through some pretty austere conditions so this is why I brought all this up. What have you done to your Tacoma or plan to do in case of an emergency? Today I figured we could share ideas and talk about mods that weve done or can do to improve our surviveability! Please post your thoughts and I hope your guys week has been going well. My new fender is at the paint shop and all my parts I've ordered are shipping here shortly!

12. Nov 29, 2018 at 7:30 PM
    Eticket

Eticket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Holly Springs, NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4

Beautiful truck, good to see another North Carolina guy!

13. Dec 1, 2018 at 5:06 PM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
  14. Dec 5, 2018 at 2:51 PM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    Thanks man I appriciate it!

15. Dec 5, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    So I got it on using the stock fender! I'm incredibly happy with it and my prinsu will be here very shortly!

20181205_154943.jpg
    20181205_154950.jpg

SCJeffro, tdnick and JKU3000 like this.
  16. Dec 5, 2018 at 4:33 PM
    Sub_Par

Sub_Par Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Is that as high as the DAI, or just the angle of the pictures?

17. Dec 5, 2018 at 5:23 PM
    Jbcpeterson

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    Here is a before and after for comparison.

20181205_202006.jpg
    20181205_201919.jpg

opentang, bmmjr and vu du bloo like this.
  18. Dec 5, 2018 at 6:04 PM
    literallynothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB
    Steel and 37s
    Looks good! Bolt holes in the fender lined up?

Jbcpeterson[OP] likes this.
  19. Dec 5, 2018 at 6:52 PM
    Sub_Par

Sub_Par Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Looks sooo much better. I understand why Toyota did what they did, they have to deal with a lot more legal issues than the aftermarket that just says for “off-road use only”. I guess at least Toyota is trying to cater more to off-roaders and enthusiasts, and with the ZR2 Bison available now it seems like we may see more OEM options in the future.

20. Dec 5, 2018 at 6:54 PM
    literallynothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB
    Steel and 37s
    My guess is Toyota couldn’t find a way to attach the dai to the a pillar so they decided to bolt it to the roof, and to do that it had to be EXTRA tall

Jbcpeterson[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top