1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 Insurance Rates !?!

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by gForceDude, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Mar 26, 2020 at 6:43 AM
    jstemp

jstemp Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB Offroad Manual, OV Tuned
    I agree! I've had them for almost 18 years and in that time I've shopped around and received some lower rates but never switched. In my experience the customer service has been outstanding and the one claim I made when I was hit was very easy and moved along swiftly.

Big tall dave likes this.
  2. Mar 26, 2020 at 6:45 AM
    Chew

Chew Not so well known user

Member:
    First Name:
    Chewy
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD OR
    new car air freshener (vent style), tires @32 psi, LED flashlight in glovebox
    This!
    In some cases the opposite! There may be someone new at the office, or something changed- who are going to be the first clients they raise rates on, the new ones that more than likely shopped around? Or the long term clients that appear to just assume they're getting the best deal?

BTW, I've been with State Farm for decades and probably should listen to my own advice...

3. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:02 AM
    Itchyfeet

Itchyfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've tried to give Geico and Progressive my business over the last 20 years, but each time they're too expensive on their quote for less coverage. Just make sure if you do get a price you're comparing apples to apples.

I've used American Auto Club, CNA Casualty and State Farm

4. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:03 AM
    six5creed

six5creed Cattywampus

Member:
    Baldville, N.C.
    Vehicle:
    ‘03 Tacoma 4X4 DC SR5 V6
    Universal bed mat, trimmed to fit.
    I tried Geico, they were always higher on their quotes.

gForceDude [OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:04 AM
    Slick Taco

Slick Taco No Kids-Four Dogs-Life Is Good

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rav4 Adventure Edtn. 2018 TRD OR DCSB Premium Tech Inferno. 2010 Tundra 4x4 Crew Max Limited(daily driver) 1991 4Runner Ivan Stewart Crawler Edition
    King Offroad 2.5 coil over shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, Deaver leaf packs, 17x9 Black Rhyno Warlords, 33" Toyo M/T's, Metal Tech rear bumper, Westin HDX drop steps with Bullet Liner coating, Borla S cat back exhaust, K&N CA intake, Baja Designs fog pod inserts, Rigid Midnight addition 3" pod ditch lights. Cali Raised 32" behind the grill mounted light bar, Southern Style Offroad Lopro front bumper with Warn 8k winch and 30' built in light bar. Cosmetic goodies such as 15% carbon tint, matte black rain guards, interior LED's, Inferno vinyl detailing on the interior, Cali Raised multi rocker switch cubby insert with Mc Tuning LED switches and a few other mods I've probably left out.
    My brother is a retired insurance agent and he said his biggest profits were made from his longest running customers. Loyalty to your insurance company is EXPENSIVE. They know you're not going to shop around so up up up go your rates. My in laws just switched from State Farm after 30 years to USAA and are now saving almost 50% on two vehicles and home owners. My father in law is ex military too but just assumed his loyalty was getting him the best rates and didnt want to part ways with his agent. All that money he pissed away thinking his long time agent was doing him right. Like with cable tv and credit cards...if you're not shopping around you're most likely getting screwed.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  6. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:04 AM
    Itchyfeet

Itchyfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    I guess they have to pay for those commercials

P-Dawg, shakerhood and six5creed like this.
  7. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:08 AM
    six5creed

six5creed Cattywampus

Member:
    Baldville, N.C.
    Vehicle:
    ‘03 Tacoma 4X4 DC SR5 V6
    Our agent is connected to several companies, why I called him when National General went up, he said I can try this and bam, cut our cost almost in half. It did help with Progressive we already have our camper and golf cart insured with them.

Slick Taco likes this.
  8. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:08 AM
    six5creed

six5creed Cattywampus

Member:
    Baldville, N.C.
    Vehicle:
    ‘03 Tacoma 4X4 DC SR5 V6
    Exactly. Making that little gecko talk isn't cheap.

P-Dawg and Itchyfeet like this.
  9. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:35 AM
    Ghostrider52

Ghostrider52 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road AV4
    6” Zone Suspension Lift 20” Fuel Rebel Wheels 305/55r20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tires
    I added my 2020 in January and it doubled my rates as well (I added it, not upgraded so some is expected). Found more competitive rates elsewhere, unfortunately my Insurance company couldn't compete with others.

10. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:40 AM
    mike2810

mike2810 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona - Rim Country
    Vehicle:
    had 06 Sport 4x4 , now 2016 Nissan Pro 4x
    When shopping for insurance consider all of your needs and not just the vehicle.
    Having home/renter, vehicle, umbrella polices with the same company can save you money.

I have been with one company for over 45 years. My rate changes have been reasonable over time. Most changes were do to newer vehicles or different house.

2020 vehicles are more expensive to repair than older vehicles that do not have all of the electronics and led features.

11. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:12 AM
    Codester

Codester Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    2020 Silver Offroad Double Cab M/T
    My personal experience may not apply to you but here goes: had a 2011 camry with only liability and uninsured motorist. Just upgraded to 2020 Tacoma TRD OR with full coverage at $500 deductible and payoff in event of total. My rate went up $55ish bucks. That's with Progressive. Granted I did the plug in thing when I first went to them a few years back and got about 20% discount, seems by far more reasonable than what they're trying to hit you with. Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top