1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

22re to 22r ???

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Mililani, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Dec 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM
    Mililani

Mililani [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pick-up
    I have a 1991 pickup reg cab 2wd with auto trans. I have had many problems with the electriconics first the ECU went out now the mass flow air sensor is not working. When I removed the plug from the mass air flow sensor I damaged it the plug only comes with the whole harness that runs from the engine compartment to the ECU box in the cab. The wire harness is around $800.00 and the MFS is about $300.00. My question is what do I need to convert this to a carb set up. I live in Hawaii and we don't have any emmission checks. I would really like to get rid of as much electronics and emmission stuff as possible. Can this be done with out much modifications?

2. Dec 19, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    should be somewhat "easy" to do

lots of people go from the 22r to a 22re

3. Dec 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    ive heard a couple people went back...don't really know much about it tho...just heard about it

Products Discussed in

To Top