1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

24 Month Maintenance Plan on New Tacos

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bowhun2r, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sep 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation
    Vehicle:
    19 - GX-460
    Ok... shame on me. Sorry to pull up this old thread but thought I would vent a little.

I took my T4R into the same dealer for yearly inspection. I specifically stated:

- Do not change oil
    - No...I do not want the "free" alignment check
    - I do want my smart key to open up all four doors. A scan tool is required thus I'm asking if you could do this for me.
    - Only state inspection and emissions plus the smart key and I'm good.

Thought that was sufficient. Earlier this morning I washed and sealed (via Wolfgang 3.0 glaze) the truck. It looked great (blizzard pearl). To ensure a lasting shine...you should keep the vehicle dry for 24 hours as this will allow the glaze to bond to the clear coat. It's beautiful here in the Burgh today no rain at all.

I had to take a call for work so I took a walk around the lot. I see my nice shiny T4R with a guy using a mop and bucket on the paint. WTF. I walk over and introduce myself as the owner and ask why is he washing the truck?? He responds..."You know...I was thinking the same as this truck was really shinny and I didn't think it needed washed." I then put my hand on the hood and ask "Is the engine running?" I open the door and see the AC on "Lo". WTF. I explained to him that I had just sealed the truck and asked what he was using on it. A few moments go by and he says "I'm not sure, but it really gets the tar marks off real fast."

I'm at a loss. I spent nearly 2 hours this morning detailing the truck only to have some guy wash it with tar remover. He feels it's important to cool down the interior by running the truck with AC on blast as he uses a mop and bucket to wash down the shinny truck. I politely ask him to just leave it and I will take care of the exterior when I get home.

So... I go and pay the 50 buck emission fee (I used a coupon for the state inspection) and walk out to my water spot 4Runner and touch the door handle. Only the driver side opens. I walk back to the service center and state the only other item I wanted was to have all 4 doors to open when I touch the driver side door handle. And I'm not being a dick. There isn't any need to do that, but at the same time she can tell I'm disappointed. She explains to me I can just double click the unlock button to open up all doors.

Has customer service actually declined so much over the years? I just want to get the hell out of there when I see a mechanic that I know and trust. He takes my keys and within 10 minutes my key fob is working as I had asked and I'm on my way home.

Unreal. On my receipt it actually states "free car wash". I'm thinking someone is getting comp'd on this.

And lesson learned. I not only have to state what I want, but specifically state what I don't want.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Sep 9, 2015 at 1:47 PM
    -dustin

-dustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020SWDCSBTRDPROFTW
    CLIFFHANGER

speedydave likes this.
  3. Sep 9, 2015 at 1:50 PM
    Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson Keyboard Warrior

Member:
    Sacramento,CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    One can never have too many light bars.
    Also it says that at 15,000 they will lube the propeller shaft which should be included. When I lubed it myself for the 30K I noticed that the zerks still had the factory seal on them.

4. Sep 9, 2015 at 2:48 PM
    Taco280AI

Taco280AI Well-Known Member

Member:
    COS
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    I don't see where you told them not to perform the oil change. If you don't tell them not to how are they to know you don't want it? They probably just thought you wanted to make sure the other things were included with the free service. Unless you said don't change my oil I think it's just a lesson learned on your part.

5. Sep 9, 2015 at 3:05 PM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation
    Vehicle:
    19 - GX-460
    Oh this time I definitely said don't change my oil. And they didn't. They washed it and didn't do the one thing I had asked (besides inspection)..the key fob. I'm nearly 99% certain someone gets comp'd for the free car wash. That was my mistake and I should have said I didn't want a car wash. Although...they should have told me they were going to do it and let's be serious, the truck was spotless. It was on my Tacoma that they changed my oil after I just did it with amsoil.

I guess I just would like to have them treat my truck as I would. Don't use a mop and tar remover for car wash. Don't run the engine with the AC on blast while you are washing the outside of a spotless truck. Do what the customer asks to be done (and double click key fob is not the solution). Granted most of us are on this forum because we are OCD on our trucks. Just frustrated I spent a good morning detailing the truck only to have a mop and bucket taken to it.

Products Discussed in

To Top