1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265 70 r 16 - Any Rubbing or MODS required for Stock SR5 2.7L?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by EatMyTacomaDust, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

EatMyTacomaDust [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 T|X "Black Beauty" Baja 4x4
    WeatherTechs [Front & Back], Console Vault, OEM Toyota Bed Mat, Tailgate Security Clamp MOD, SuperBumper Crash Attenuator, Exterior Cargo Net, OEM Toyota Cargo Divider, Cobra CDR 840 Dash Cam, Sliding Rear Window Security Bar, Front OEM TRD License Plate Holder, OEM TRD Front Skid Plate, Wet Okoles Front & Back - 1/2 Piped, Full Debadge except TRD OEM Red Tailgate Badge
    Hey Guys,

I'm running a stock 2011 Access Cab 2.7 Liter 4 cylinder - no lift [as of yet :mad:].

Can I fit 265 70 r16 BF Goodrich All Terrains on my stock rims without ANY issues? I don't want to have to take my mud flaps off or do any trimming or mods what-so-ever to make these fit.

Anybody running this size on my size rim / truck without lift got any opinions they can offer?

Thanks

2. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here, there, and everywhere
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'm pretty sure you can go up to 265/75's with no issue, but I am not entirely sure. I do know the 265/70's will fit.

3. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

Member:
    Vehicle:
    WeatherTechs [Front & Back], Console Vault, OEM Toyota Bed Mat, Tailgate Security Clamp MOD, SuperBumper Crash Attenuator, Exterior Cargo Net, OEM Toyota Cargo Divider, Cobra CDR 840 Dash Cam, Sliding Rear Window Security Bar, Front OEM TRD License Plate Holder, OEM TRD Front Skid Plate, Wet Okoles Front & Back - 1/2 Piped, Full Debadge except TRD OEM Red Tailgate Badge
    On the 265/75 r16's I've been reading that alot of people are having to remove their mudflaps and even do some slight trimming because of rubbing - I think because of the width of the tire.

No width issue for the 265/70's then?

4. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here, there, and everywhere
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    None, that's what I have right now and is/was an optional tire size.

5. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Good to know, How you liking them? They look KILLER.

6. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Front Bumper, All-Pro UCAs, Icon ET Coilovers, Icon VS Rear Shocks, TSB Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, CBI Sliders, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps, Deeza HD Sway Bar Links
    Wrong. 265/75R16s rub if you have aftermarket wheels with less offset - tires are pushed out more, so they swing on a larger scrub radius and hit the fender flare. 265/75R16s fit fine on stock wheels.

7. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ohhhhhhhh. . .ok - I didn't get that. Good deal. Thanks.

To Top