1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265/75/16 or 285's with 5100s @ 2.5? What should I do?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ratrod, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Jul 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    ratrod

ratrod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    I like that camper, is that a pop up? Where did you get it? Hmmmm...can I colormatch it silver streak mica? nice setup.

2. Jul 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    ratrod

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    Yeah I think a friend of mine was thinking about that size but ended up doing the math and they are pretty much the same as 265/75.

3. Jul 5, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    ratrod

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    I really like those tires! Not to piss people off but I really didnt like the duratracs up close and in person but the mtr kevlar look awesome in person. Post some pics when you get them on. Also do you have AAL in back with the 5100s (1.5 or 2inch AAL)?

4. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    Skan Skeeny

Skan Skeeny Skan Skeeny

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Double Cab
    Flippac Camper Shell, Alcan Custom Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5100's F&R, Eibach Springs, Duratrac 265/75/16, Ipod Interface
    ratrod,

The camper is a Flippac shell- it is basically a roof top tent/topper that weighs about 280lbs. It works great for camping and is awesome as a topper as well. While it may look like a burrito truck, you can still rally pretty hard to reach some remote areas and be styling while everyone else is bear bait on the ground.
    For a nominal fee you can get them painted, check out TacoDoc on Expedition Portal.

I hear you on the Duratrac tires. I thought they were a little ugly myself, but I do a lot of winter backcountry excursions and these tires seemed to get the best all weather ratings that I could find. Now that they are on, I REALLY like the looks of them- they are not loud on the highway and really hooked up on rocks, some mud, and furry critters.

Products Discussed in

To Top