1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265/75 or 285/75 on 4 cyl?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacomaGus, May 13, 2010.

1. May 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    i'm getting new wheels and tires soon and i tried to fit 15's on it but they just won't fit, so i have to stick with a 16 in rim. I'm going to go with an alloy rim regardless i think to keep it lighter (only would consider steel if i go with the 265/75). I just don't know what setup to go with, obviously the 285's look a lot better but idk how well my 4cyl could handle 33's and obviously it would lower my mpg.

just looking for other first gen owners input....

2. May 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
  3. May 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    speedy

speedy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cory
    jacksonville nc
    Vehicle:
    01 SRS 4WD
    3in lift kit, trailer hitch
    I have an 01 running 33's right now with steel rims and have a 4cy in it. i have lifted the truck 3in with a tuff country susp lift. I have had no problem turning them at all, i mean i aint doin no 110 down the interstate but i still can get up when i need to the biggest problem that i have ran into with mine is that i have had some serious rubbing. I wheel my truck also and it has become a problem with my tires rubbing the frame at lock out and during hard flexs, i put 2in spacers all the way around solved the frame problem but i still rube the fender wells pretty bad. I have trimmed mine i dont know how many times and still seem to not be able to get it all. So unless your truck is jacked 4 or more up i would run the 265 to save some money and headaches.

4. May 13, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    yea good point, do u think running 265/75 MT's would be that much harder on the truck than a set of AT's would be?

5. May 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    speedy

speedy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cory
    jacksonville nc
    Vehicle:
    01 SRS 4WD
    3in lift kit, trailer hitch
    I honestly dont know what the weight difference will be on them. but it all depends on what you trying to do with the truck would be what made my mind up on that. Honestly i would run the MT's

Products Discussed in

To Top