1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

285 or 275/70/17

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by nolanspawn, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sep 2, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    nolanspawn

nolanspawn [OP] Work In Progress

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    Corsa Exhuast, AFE Intake
    About to make my tire purchase and want to get a last minute opinion after reading some rubbing issues all around. I will have an ICON coilover kit with TC UCA's with Moto Metal 17's.

2. Sep 2, 2009 at 11:54 PM
    nolanspawn

nolanspawn [OP] Work In Progress

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    Corsa Exhuast, AFE Intake
    Oh btw, these would be Toyo Open County AT's wrapped around Moto Metal Blacks
    Backspace: 4.53 "
    Offset -12mm

There was just a recent comment about a dude's stuff rubbing the cab frame with the Toyos. Has me wondering if I should go 275 instead of 285. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    Kahunadave

Kahunadave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 DC PrernrTRD Sport
    K&N CAI-series 63, custom Billet Grille, Magnaflow exhaust, AR Tactic 17x8, Toyo A/T opencountry 265/70/17, Iridium plugs.
    I have 275/70/17 Michellin LTXs on my TRD stock 17" rims, and there's very little space- about 1/2 inch between the tire and shock mount.. not sure what a 285 does with the offset you have, but most tire places will mount the Larger tire and see if it fits before mounting the others...just FYI.

4. Sep 5, 2009 at 8:58 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    nuebs runs 275/70/17 goodyear MT's, I've talked to him about his fitment and decided to go with a set of mastercraft ct's in the same size to avoid all the 285 drama. Now all I have to do is buy a house first :rolleyes:

5. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    i would say 285.... IS my opinion... R u at 3" in the front.... If not then maybe the 275s would be nice... WHen i had the 3" lift in the front i had a minor rub but that was only when i had the wheel at full crank....

Products Discussed in

To Top