1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen Build (In Progress)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by SilverStreakTaco, May 28, 2013.

1. May 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    SilverStreakTaco

SilverStreakTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    western mass
    Vehicle:
    10 TACOMA SR5
    Access Tonneau Cover N Fab Nerf Bars Top Car Athens Seat Cover Lo-Jack Pioneer deh-80 prs Hybrid Audio Legatia L6's LPG 25Nfa Tweeters Rainbow iPaul 4.300 Jl 250/1 Focal 27v1 11" 4 ohm Husky liner front mud flaps Goodyear Dura trac 265/75/16's Bhlm Color matched front grill ssm Plasti dipped emblems Vht tint shade translucent on tailights
    So Last August I decided to upgrade from a 09 Subaru legacy sedan. Knowing I needed a truck I started to research mpg, size of cab, affordability, comfort, and of course aesthetics! I searched and searched my options for a few weeks and kept coming back to the Tacoma. Basically what drew me in would have to be mpg, cabin room, its stance on the road, ease of mods, and of course looks. So I went for it and bought a used 2010 Double Cab Silver Streak Mica SR5. So far I have no complaints only the cup holders under the radio lol and the center console latch which i modded thanks to TW. Here's a picture of the truck a few days after purchase.
    069.jpg
    070.jpg
    The truck didn't receive any changes until October when I started gathering audio equipment on eBay and other online vendors.

I changed the head unit to a Pioneer Deh-80prs

Axxess steering wheel control harness

The front woofers to HAT legatia L6's

The tweeters to LPG 25NFA silk dome's

Rainbow iPaul 4.300 powering the front stage

disconnected the rears because I'm not a backseat driver lol.

Subwoofer is a Focal 27v1 11"

Powering the subwoofer a JL 250/1

cd.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    r8.jpg

088.jpg

075.jpg
    I actually went thru CDT Euro sport and Rainbow Slc Kick-bass before I found the L6's which currently reside in the doors best setup to date so far.

IMG_1334[1].jpg

Currently Mr. Marv who is on this forum great guy btw is building my custom enclosure with amp rack see pic

IMG_1332[1].jpg

Will take a pic of the Legatia's to post soon.

Thats as far as Ive gotten with the audio until the enclosure arrives.

Now onto the other exterior modifications

Purchased Nfabs nerf bars

Plasti Derped the Badges

Threw on a Access Literider tonneau

IMG_1304.jpg

Just this past couple weeks I have been looking for inexpensive mods and

found the bhlm and sleeved out the fog light housing with the derp as well.

005.jpg

Also as you can see i painted the grill insert flat black and color matched the chrome grill silver streak mica (1e7) with dupli color's perfect match spray paint. Not sure how I feel about it yet since its only been a couple days honest opinions wanted. I would like to do the satoshi mod myself but need a little practice with fiberglass.

004.jpg

Tinted the taillights with VHT's night shade and then clear coated them.

006.jpg

Only other mod which I wouldn't even call it a mod is that I purchased leatherette seat cover through Top Car Athens from Greece great company its all they do is seat covers.

007.jpg

All I got for now future mod's will be some grabbers not sure which ones exactly with some black rims.

Maybe a black bull bar.

Also considering painting my lower valance bumper black need to look at more images of it before I test it out with plasti-dip.

Thanks for looking and all comments good and bad are welcome.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    tcBob likes this.
  2. May 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    i've never seen a new member build thread before... lol welcome

3. May 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Welcome

4. Jun 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    SilverStreakTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    western mass
    Vehicle:
    10 TACOMA SR5
    Access Tonneau Cover N Fab Nerf Bars Top Car Athens Seat Cover Lo-Jack Pioneer deh-80 prs Hybrid Audio Legatia L6's LPG 25Nfa Tweeters Rainbow iPaul 4.300 Jl 250/1 Focal 27v1 11" 4 ohm Husky liner front mud flaps Goodyear Dura trac 265/75/16's Bhlm Color matched front grill ssm Plasti dipped emblems Vht tint shade translucent on tailights
    haha yeah ive been slacking on joining tw been a lurker for awhile and figured id do the build thread in progress since ive already made some changes. also just threw on some 265/75/16 dura trac's love these tires. I'd like to do an ome suspension setup next just waiting till the money rolls in!

5. Jun 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Welcome to TW, the best site ever!!!

6. Jun 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    SilverStreakTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    western mass
    Vehicle:
    10 TACOMA SR5
    just got fresh mud on the goodyear dura tracs
    004_960x640.jpg
    006_960x640.jpg

buckhuntin-tacoma likes this.
  7. Jul 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    SilverStreakTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    western mass
    Vehicle:
    10 TACOMA SR5
    PLASTI DIPPED THE WHEELS.

REMOVED CENTER CAPS

tHEN mY OME KIT CAME IN!@!!!!!!! :eek:

OME 885 COILS

OME 9000'S FRONT

LR UCA'S

REAR 2" TOYTEC AAL
    OME REAR N182'S

REMOVED THE SWAY BAR

GAVE ME ABOUT 2 3/4" OF LIFT FRONT AND REAR

AND GOT AN ALIGNMENT ALL WITHIN MANUFACTURES SPECS.

MY 265/75/16 GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURA TRAC'S LOOK SMALL NOW ANY ONE SHOOT ME A PM IF THEY ARE INTERESTED THESE TIRES ARE A MONTH OLD. LOCAL ONLY I ALREADY WANNA BO BIGGER 285'S OR 315'S.

TWO WEEKS SINCE LIFT AND DRIVES LIKE A DREAM ON AND OFF ROAD.

WAITED A WEEK TO REMOVE SWAY BAR. NOW I CAN SAY I DON'T EVER WANNA PUT IT BACK ON. SUCH A BETTER RIDE WITHOUT IT! ON AND OFF ROAD.EVEN HIGHWAY SPEED 70-75 FEELS LIKE 45 NICE AND SMOOTH.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

buckhuntin-tacoma likes this.
  8. Jul 19, 2020 at 8:59 AM
    SilverStreakTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    western mass
    Vehicle:
    10 TACOMA SR5
    Sway bar has been off for approximately 5 years or so. Painted it to throw back on with quick disconnect setup. New enegry suspension bushings coming. New links as well greasable too! Also first time I've owned 33 inch tires. Went with Duratrac's again bc I enjoyed the first set of 265's and lasted 40k. Waiting on spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers. Only getting a slight tire rub on my husky front mudflaps. Just needs slight trimming. Plasti dipped the wheels again to freshen it up a bit. Happy Sunday tacoma community!!!

20200719_104246.jpg
    20200719_104257.jpg
    20200719_103024.jpg
    20200719_102942.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top