1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen taco exhaust and or intake?suggestions?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by steeds, Nov 30, 2013.

1. steeds

steeds [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 black tacoma access cab trd offroad
    6" pro comp stage one lift tinted windows blacked grill decals removed 3" AFE cat back exhaust stage 2 dry AFE air intake.
    you'll like it meinsamr. i like mine so far..aside from the companies shitty ability to look at blue prints. haha

2. Robotoco

Robotoco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    NC
    yeah seeing your vids made me choose the 2525 sounds nice thanks

3. steeds

steeds [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 black tacoma access cab trd offroad
    6" pro comp stage one lift tinted windows blacked grill decals removed 3" AFE cat back exhaust stage 2 dry AFE air intake.
  4. sdoheny

sdoheny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    N-Fab Text black 3 main tube, led interior lighting, sylvania ultra head lamps, led map/dome/license plate, rail mounted bed lights, trd skid plate, Aero Turbin muffler swap, MRBP Black Exhaust Tip, weather tech, fuel trophy, duratrac 265 70 17, plasti dip badges, Icon stage 4 suspension, TRD shift knob, AFE CAI, Raptor Light MOD.
    I just switched out my magnaflow 18 in muffler for the aero 2525XL and it is night and day better sounding. The magnaflow is very smooth deep and mellow. But aero is way deeper and has more of the "V8" rumble I was looking for. Cannot say enough good things about the sound and quality of that product! Also have an afe stage 2 CAI with Pro dry on 2012 V6.

5. memario1214

memario1214 Vivid Illumination Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    MT recently relocated to Willmar, MN
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Cold Air Intake, rear cat delete with Aero Turbine 2525, Maglite mount mod, white LED's all around, white gauges w/blue needles, Tinted Tails, Morimoto 32" XBAR LED Bar, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau, Pioneer AVIC X-920 BT touchscreen, FX-R Retrofit, LR UCAs, OME 3" Lift w/ Dakar leafs, DTLT Headers, Walbro 255 fuel pump, TRD S/C, Hankook Dynapro ATM tires
  6. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    2.5" lift in front, aFe air intake, anytime foglights, cut 9" off antenna, superwhite headlights, spintech exhaust, med. tint in the front, weathertech floorliners and caltech seat covers, dashtek dash cover, CHLM, debadged and destickered,
    lets hear it sdoheny!!! I have that intake and want that exhaust. IMO Memario 1214 is the best sounding taco ive ever heard :bowdown:. I have a spintech (medium case) and it is absolutely embarrassing at times haha. Occasionally it sounds decent but usually not. I will be picking up an AT sooon! Thanks for the clips everyone.

7. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    2.5" lift in front, aFe air intake, anytime foglights, cut 9" off antenna, superwhite headlights, spintech exhaust, med. tint in the front, weathertech floorliners and caltech seat covers, dashtek dash cover, CHLM, debadged and destickered,
    OK so should I get the 2525 with the vibrant resonator like memario1214 or should I just get the 2525xl and if need be get a resonator down the road?

8. memario1214

memario1214 Vivid Illumination Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    MT recently relocated to Willmar, MN
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Cold Air Intake, rear cat delete with Aero Turbine 2525, Maglite mount mod, white LED's all around, white gauges w/blue needles, Tinted Tails, Morimoto 32" XBAR LED Bar, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau, Pioneer AVIC X-920 BT touchscreen, FX-R Retrofit, LR UCAs, OME 3" Lift w/ Dakar leafs, DTLT Headers, Walbro 255 fuel pump, TRD S/C, Hankook Dynapro ATM tires
    I would go with the XL from the get go and add in a resonator down the line if it is still too loud after break in. The 2525 is oppressively loud out of the box and it got a little old for me after a while which is why I tossed on the resonator.

9. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    Thanks for the quick response and the info bud. Ill post up a vid later of my spintech sound and then another when I get the AT on. Did you cut yours after the axel or leave it as is? I think I read where a few peeps did this and said it sounded much better. Im gonna leave it for now and if I want I can always chop it later.

10. Justus

Justus resident Apple Pie Monster

Member:
    First Name:
    Brock
    Paso Robles
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    U dont run the intake with the top off do ya?
    I'm assuming that t was just for the pic?

Also, I wouldn't suggest anyone N/A remove all there cats unless u want a lot of rasp, and removing them will cause a change in how the tq peaks. Removing the cats and adding a 3" exhaust is absolute overkill on a stock n/a 4.0 Tacoma. U need scavanging and ur tq curve again will be changed and more than likely not in a favorable way. Torque is what gets u off the line, up hills, etc. U dont wanna truck with the drivability of a civic do you?

The XL has a resonator no?

11. Lindsey Walrod

Lindsey Walrod Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lindsey
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '13 black lifted
    RevTek 3", tinted windows, complete de-badge.
    Subd so I can come back when I'm searching to buy

12. gainman

gainman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab V6 4X4 6sp Manual TRD Off Road
    Stock
    the video on the first page is my truck. that is the 2525xl. no aftermarket exhaust piping, just the stock muffler cut off and that one welded in its place and turned down right before the spare tire. sounded fantastic, no rasp and not to loud. ymmv

13. tooter

tooter play every day

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012, std cab, 5 lug, 2.7, 5 speed
    Built for maximum low end torque, tooter II.VII intake manifold spacer, LCE long tube header, Injen long tube intake, 2,900 rpm torque peak.
    48 foot pounds of torque increase at 2,500 rpms? That's one hell of a f**king exhaust system. And oddly enough, both runs were done with the stock intake and not the AFE intake.

Edit: Take a look at the blue fine print at the bottom of the chart. They didn't floor the accelerator until 3,500rpm on the baseline run.

So... that's how they got such a big increase! :laugh:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
To Top