1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen Taco or 1st GenTundra

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by saweetlou, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Jun 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Stepside
    2in Skyjacker
    I currently have a 02 TRD Extra Cab StepSide 4x4 and unfortunately need more room to fit my growing boys. So Im looking at either the newer Taco or the Tundra quad cabs. My biggest concern is the fuel consumption, so Im here to ask which of these is better on fuel. As far as I know the Tundra only came with the V8 and the Taco with a 4.0, it must be 4x4 with the long box. Does anyone know what the numbers are.

2. Jun 20, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 F-350 Powerstroke
    A little research and you'd find your answer.

Most tacoma guys are getting between 17-21 mpg..... depending on your style. Lifting/tires will kill your MPG by about 2mpg. Assuming you go with 33s.

Tundras usually at best get 17, at least thats what the sticker says. 13MPG low end according to sticker. I just drove a lifted one today and that gas guage was definitely moving...

The 4 door taco has plenty of room for some kids, or even adults.... wouldn't recommend them for anyone much over 6 foot tall though.

3. Jun 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    Navigator

Navigator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
    1st gen. Tundra for sure!

I'd look for a low mileage '06 Limited double cab with leather and a moon-roof.

To Top