1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd generation console lock box?????

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Robert Smith, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Jan 4, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    Robert Smith

Robert Smith [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anyone know anywhere on the internet I can get a locking box for the console on a 2nd generation tacoma? If anyone already has one would appreciate any comments on it and photos. Thanks,

2. Jan 4, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Console Vault is the product you are looking for.

I don't have one yet...but I'm planning on it soon.

3. Jan 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    Robert Smith

Robert Smith [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    can anyone who has a console vault in their tacoma explain how the installation is?

4. Jan 4, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    TXRoper

TXRoper Texas Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Plano, TX
    Vehicle:
    Texas Edition PreRunner SR5 - Super White
    Don't have one...but I think Costco sells them ...online.

5. Jan 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    dessertsand05

dessertsand05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma DC SR5 4x4
    Working on it
    Easy, half hour tops. All you really have to do is remove a few screws slide it in, and then put them back. Great product, was expensive, but the piece of mind knowing that your phone, wallet, etc.... is safer is awesome. I went with the combination one, because you can open and close it w/o using a key while driving. When its time to lock, just spin the combination and its locked. Down side is once in a while I forget to lock it, but either way well recommended.

6. Jan 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
  7. Jan 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    Memphis

Memphis Member

Member:
    West TN
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DC 4x4 Short-bed
    Rear TSB, 5100 (0.85), Homelink Mirror, Pop-o-Lock, Front D-Rings, Clear Bra, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Weather-Tech mats, Console Vault, DTRL
    Simple installation.....pretty much just as Desertsand described.

Additional info would be, the armrest/console top and it's hinges are removed. Some of the first posts discussing the installation showed a labor intensive procedure to remove the hinges but someone later found that there are little plastic covers that can be popped off exposing the hinge bolts...this saves a lot of time (a search will find the threads with these procedures in them). Next, the plastic floor of the factory console is removed exposing several bolts that hold the current console in place....these are removed and the console vault is slid down into the console....the bolts are then screwed back into place securing the console vault and the console to the floor of the truck. The hinged armrest cover is re-installed. If you got the combination lock version, change the combination and your installation is finished.

It's been several years since installing mine but I recall that it took me no more than 30 minutes to install. I missed a group buy on these but ended up purchasing for a better price through COSTCO. :D

Here's the Link -
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

8. Jan 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    nyfishhunter

nyfishhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    White Plains, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4 OR Pyrite
    Weathertechs, Pop N Lock, Whitetail Sockmonkey, OEM bed mat, Undercover SE, Wet Okoles, OEM iPod interface, Rear Spring TSB, Illuminated 4x4 switch, DTRL, Timbrens, 5100s (front .85), Eibachs, 1.5 AAL, OEM running boards, FJ TRD center caps, diff breather mod, trimmed front flaps, ImMrYo mirror bracket, Grillcraft, painted white Sport grill black
  9. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:22 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Has anyone tried to drill a hole in the bottom of these things? I ordered one last week and its on the way.....

Reason I ask... is my ipod lives in my console. I cut an elongated hole in the bottom of my console so I could run the ipod cable up through the bottom. I'd like to do the same on the console vault. Cut a similar hole to fish the ipod cable up from the bottom. Or ..if there is any slits/holes I can utilize to run a cable through?

How are the console vaults holding up? I ordered the combo lock. I would assume you setup the combination yourself? I can't wait to get it!!

To Top