1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2tr vs 2rz or even vs 3rz?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kingbrian, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    kingbrian

kingbrian [OP] Resident Big mouthed Fat ass.

Member:
    First Name:
    brian
    I.E. CA.
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4 5 speed xtracab
    Fagtech spindles, Doug Thorley header, Spintech muffler, JVC headunit.
    Anyone have any opinions? Im considering an 05 5 lug regular cab or a first gen extra cab or possibly prerunner 4 banger, but ive never driven either more than a quick test drive. So anyone have any side by side comparison? I just dont know about the 2tr cuz the lack of after market and there isnt too many with huge miles yet...

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    The 2tr has over 5 years of running.....i think it has enough miles to be a proven a reliable engine. DT and LCE makes headers for them, you can easily make up and exhaust system and AFE and K&N both make "cai" for them, what more are you wanting? Oh Alpine Developements makes a supercharger for the 5 lugs. As far as suspension your pretty limited on the 5 lug, 6 lug makes all the difference in that category.

3. Dec 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    kingbrian

kingbrian [OP] Resident Big mouthed Fat ass.

Member:
    First Name:
    brian
    I.E. CA.
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4 5 speed xtracab
    Fagtech spindles, Doug Thorley header, Spintech muffler, JVC headunit.
    i actually meant the suspesion and truck overall not really the engine in the aftermarket category, but the 2rz and 3rz are tried and true but i still question the 2tr. i guess i could look at not hearing any bad as a good sign but i dont know.. what about driveability and power? is there a huge difference?

4. Dec 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Wellington, NV.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 33x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black RBP 93R rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    2rz FTW! I love my 2000 2rz its been a very reliable mini truck, lots of aftermarket parts available for it as well! Suspension handles very well and it is stock and lowered!:D

To Top