1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2WD/4WD Side View Mirrors

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Jho, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Feb 12, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    Jho

Jho [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD
    Hi, I need some help. Someone smashed my left side view mirror off, so I'm looking for another one. I found one for a 2WD on Ebay, but my truck is a 4WD.

I called a few dealerships, and they said that it should work. Before I order it, I want to know for sure.

I don't want aftermarket crap and I don't want something that will just fit. I want the correct mirror for my truck. I want to know if a 2WD mirror is the SAME as a 4WD mirror.

Does anyone on here have one for me? I need the whole assembly, not just the glass.

Thanks!

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    when it comes to the side view mirrors, it's not that big of a deal to go aftermarket (non-oem shouldn't affect/effect resale value, and the mirror should be warranted/guaranteed to function for a reasonable period of time). i got my replacement passenger side view mirror here (lowest price i could find on the internet, shipped). it arrived w/in 1 week of ordering; was packaged well -- really well; and, will be installed this weekend.

if you choose to search for oem, it will be a "hunt". you may consider posting on the 1st gen buy/sell/trade forum, as "wtb".

in any case, good luck man.:)

3. Feb 13, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    03 GMC Sierra
    There is quite a difference in mirrors. The difference isn't really 2wd vs. 4wd but 5 lug vs. 6 lug. 6 lugs have bigger mirrors while the minis have more "car-like" mirrors. I don't have pictures but a quick google search should show you the difference.

To Top