1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3.4 V6/5 speed Tranny impressions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by AZHornet, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Aug 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    AZHornet

AZHornet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Scottsdale AZ
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma 4x4 AccessCab
    So I have had my 2k2 AC Taco 4x4 for about one week now...approx 135K miles on the odo...I may say that I am impressed with smoothness and pull of the engine..until now I have driven it only with the A/C on and like an old man shifting at 2k rpm..finally had a chance to drive her in some anger today....

1) Very strong pull from say 2400 rpm - 65 mph to ahem at 3K rpm plus....its not a snap your head back feel but a nice diesel like pull to illegal speed limits

2) It passes my, can I take this corner in 3rd gear with AC on at about 20mph test?..yes it can...no hesitation no stumbling

3) The throws from the 5 speed are much better than I would have though from a truck..my only other manual pickup was an '87 Nissan which felt like you were driving a bus with long ol' shifts..this is not a sports car type throws but still short enough that its dare I say fun?

Just had the oil changed and her first fillup with Costco 91 (16.5 mpg :()..damm AZ heat...but the lightness and tossibility of the truck compared to my '09 is amazing...now to work on that tractor sounding exhaust. :D

To Top