1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3.4L URD 7th Injector Tuning Map

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by SCRunner12, May 22, 2015.

1. May 22, 2015 at 9:16 PM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 [OP] Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    Seeing if anyone can post up their tuning map for their 3.4L with the URD 7th injector. I'm going to start tinkering with mine soon and it would be cool to see some other maps.

It would be helpful to include elevation, pulley and any other mods.

2. May 23, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
  3. May 25, 2015 at 10:28 PM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 [OP] Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    Thanks, I've read that thread but only one guy posted any maps.

4. May 27, 2015 at 7:47 AM
    Vassily28

Vassily28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD SPORT 4x4 Quadcab LB
    TRD supercharger with 2.85" URD stealth pulley and OEM FPR mod. URD fuel pump upgrade, URD TB plate adapter 70mm, FJ/4 runner 70 mm Throttle body, URD exhaust cam gears URD performance thermostat TRD CAI 1st gen. with custom cover (coupe), ProDry S + Filter skin, Doug thorley long tube headers, URD spec U exhaust Icon LT 2.5 front coilover, Timbren front bumpstops, Total Choas UCA, Deaver custom leafpack 3 inch. lift, Icon 2.5 VS series rear resishocks, Timbren rear bumpstops, ARB front bumper with WARN 8500 lbs winch,Hella 500 blackmagic, AVID rear bumper, Allpro front IFS skid + Trans. skid + Transfercase skid. Total chaos LCA skid, SS braided brake line, URD O2 sims, URD MAF controller, Wetokole front seatcovers, Innovate MTX-L, MTX-D AFR and boost gage.
    I don't know the behavior of the 3.4 l but i would produce first (data log) a map of the status open/close loop to avoid trying to put fuel with the 7th injector in the closed loop area.

5. Jun 2, 2015 at 8:04 PM
    kigmob

kigmob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    97 TRD S/C 4x4 V6 5spd
    ICON/TC TRD Supercharger URD 2.2 and 7th
    The 7th injector is only for adding fuel in open loop. Most URD units have a closed loop enrichment built in (AFR calibrator).

As far as my maps, my fuel map is great. Its the timing map that is giving me issues. Well not really issues but I have to put more retard in than I would like in some places to avoid pinging. The strangest thing is I even have to retard the timing in some of the vacuum portions of the map (-4 inHg to 0 psi). Not sure why it pings in vacuum, but it does. I have to add about 3 degrees of retard before boost at 2500 RPM to avoid pinging. Other than that, I also have to add more retard in the areas of 4-6 psi at 2500 RPM. This was expected though. 2500 RPM seems to be a difficult area for tuning the 5VZ. I want to keep tuning and get the most optimum map, but HATE having to drive it and make it ping so I know where to add retard. I feel like I'm just killing my motor. I sure hope these motors are as bullet proof as everyone says! Hopefully I can get it all dialed in perfectly soon. I really need to install my Doug Thorley headers before I dial it in...

6. Jun 3, 2015 at 11:11 AM
    Vassily28

Vassily28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD SPORT 4x4 Quadcab LB
    TRD supercharger with 2.85" URD stealth pulley and OEM FPR mod. URD fuel pump upgrade, URD TB plate adapter 70mm, FJ/4 runner 70 mm Throttle body, URD exhaust cam gears URD performance thermostat TRD CAI 1st gen. with custom cover (coupe), ProDry S + Filter skin, Doug thorley long tube headers, URD spec U exhaust Icon LT 2.5 front coilover, Timbren front bumpstops, Total Choas UCA, Deaver custom leafpack 3 inch. lift, Icon 2.5 VS series rear resishocks, Timbren rear bumpstops, ARB front bumper with WARN 8500 lbs winch,Hella 500 blackmagic, AVID rear bumper, Allpro front IFS skid + Trans. skid + Transfercase skid. Total chaos LCA skid, SS braided brake line, URD O2 sims, URD MAF controller, Wetokole front seatcovers, Innovate MTX-L, MTX-D AFR and boost gage.
    Hi Kigmob,

Yea understand your goal is to add fuel in open loop area and my my comments was about precisly knowing where is this area and then avoiding to add fuel in cells that can have the 2 status (transition area).

Like explain, don't know 3.4 l but for the 4.0L this transition area is around 2500-3000 rpm. It's maybe why it's difficult for you to tune this area cause of fuel mixture having different value for a same cell.

Take a look at the open loop/close loop status map from my truck.

Regards

Attached Files:

Products Discussed in

To Top