1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Drop

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by StormTrooper, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Feb 22, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    StormTrooper

StormTrooper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Flowmaster Super 44 w/ K&N drop in
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    Im looking for a set of 3" drop lowering springs for my 2008 toyota tacoma... i figured 3 inches too low, but semi-noticeable. any ideas / comments... links would be very appreciated.

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    Try Sittin Sic. They are a vendor on this forum and the guys there are really good. They specialize in Tacomas. For the front and a mono spring with a rear block drop is like $710. They offer a 2 1/2" drop. To get more you can install XRunner front springs. Hope this helps you.

3. Feb 22, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    StormTrooper

StormTrooper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Flowmaster Super 44 w/ K&N drop in
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo

Thanks, im looking at the $260 set... on www.sittingsic.com

Would that be ALL i have to buy to lower it?

4. Feb 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    3" is a little low to go on just springs alone. you "might" have some alignment issues. but no one really knows cause they don't make 3" lowering springs for our trucks yet

the sittin sic kits you would pretty much need to uprgade your struts/shocks all around. the fronts have a very high ppi and would compress the strut up front so you ride will be pretty bad. you can upgrade to the XR stock bilstiens up front, as they are your only option right now. for the rear if you do choose to get the mono leaf i would upgrade your shocks, because when you get the monoleaf you create less distance between the top of the shock and the bottom with the composite leafs, in essence compressing them more than they would be stock or with lowering blocks. there are a few options out there, the cheapest being stock XR bilstiens or a great upgrade would be the QA1s.

best bet is to go DJM upper and lower control arms for the front. keeps your stock ride...drops you a full 3" up front. this does require alot more work to install vs the springs, but it is worth it. the rear you can either go 3" or 4", i would reccomend notching with the 4" rear drop, but i didn't, cause im crazy lol. but if you can get away with it but the ride isn't the best if you don't notch.

(BTW i have the DJM kit on my truck)

Products Discussed in

To Top