1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 inch lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by El Duderino 480, Oct 24, 2008.

1. El Duderino 480

El Duderino 480 [OP] "The Dude"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Oceanside, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 PreRunner Sr5
    K&N 77 Series,Flowmaster Exhaust, OME N140's, OME 885's, Billy 5100's, Toytec AAL's
    i got 1 1/2 inch spacers in the front of my truck, if i want a 3in lift im assuming i have to take it off ??

2. Brunes

Brunes abides. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    What kind of three inch lift do you want?? coilovers...or just a 3 inch spacer??

3. mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously though myself Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevos Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    First off, welcome to the site!

Now for your question, we'll need more information. Are the spacers themselves 1.5" or do they provide 1.5" of lift? By what means do you hope to get 3" of lift? (new coils, bigger spacers, spindle lift, etc.)

4. El Duderino 480

El Duderino 480 [OP] "The Dude"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Oceanside, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 PreRunner Sr5
    K&N 77 Series,Flowmaster Exhaust, OME N140's, OME 885's, Billy 5100's, Toytec AAL's
    thanks..the spacers raise the front end of my truck 1.5". i want to get a 3inch coil over lift, but im not too sure what kinds are good, what type i need for the rear, etc.

5. fasn8dave

fasn8dave Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    If the spacers lift your truck 1.5", then the thickness of the spacer is .75" - since the spacer is installed near the fulcrum point of the suspension, the spacer size / lift ratio is 2:1.

I have 1.5" spacers in mine, which lifted the truck 3".

You were asking if you wanted a 3" lift, whether or not to remove them.... adding spacers add lift, taking them away lowers your truck.

Not really clear on the details, just trying to help!

6. jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    if u get 3" coilovers, then yes u'd need to take out those 1.5" spacers. ya dont stack lifts, no matter the types

7. TengoTaco

TengoTaco Wish i was wheelin

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD stock
    None
    Something you may want to consider is getting Bilstein 5100 adj set them at 2.5 inches. You won't have to replace the coils or the UCA's. Maybe AAL also.

Welcome to the site.

To Top