1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 inch suspension help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dellingerj1, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    Dellingerj1

Dellingerj1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Derby, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma base reg cab 4x4 Black Sand Pearl
    Flyzeye led...led liscence plate lights...thats it so far
    Ok. Before i get flamed...i have been searching and searching and reading and reading about all of the options for lifts and what the pros and cons are....thats the problem. Im looking for a lift mainly for asthetic purposes, however i would like my taco to last. i have a reg cab base model 4x4 and all i am lookinf for is a three inch lift that wont destroy my cv or driveshaft angles....i am planning on a differential drop regardless....i would like to stay under $500 for the lift. I really need professional opinions here. Ive read that the procomp will give me too much lift due to the light weight.
    I will not be doing any wheeling....just carrying my crossfit gear and bmx bike.....please help....even opinions will help me out

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    jammdogg

jammdogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    13 Spruce Mica DCLB
    6" ProComp lift on 35 MT's. ARB Bumper.
    Bilstein 5100's from Downsouth Motorsports. I had a spacer lift, and replaced with these. Was under $500 installed.

GL

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Staying under 500 bucks for a good lift is gonna be tough. You get what you pay for. The least you should consider is the 5100 bilstiens. You can set the fronts to the 2.5" setting, or get some Eibach springs, set the 5100's at the .85" setting. Spend a little more, and get Old Man Emu suspension, with 884 springs. Either choice, you should consider different UCA's to correct the geometry after lifting, and be able to get a good alignment. An AAL of your choice for the rear would be good.

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    check out 5100s, as said before.

an AAL will also give you lift and increase your carrying capacity

but be advised, there is no 3" lift that does not affect cv angles. one of the inherent qualities of a 3" lift is to raise the front diff, which causes an increased angle of the CVs.
    also note that diff drops don't really do anything on 2nd gens, and can actually cause more damage.

5. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    nobody4343

nobody4343 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    hid headlights, black spyder jdm headlight housings, black jdm led spyder taillights, full led bulb swap, hid foglights, 3 inch pro comp lift, black out emblems, two 4 inch hid lights mounted behind the satoshi, wade vent visors, black westin nerf bars, black stubby antenna, k and n cold air intake, flowmaster delta 50 dual exhaust custom black tips, color matched satoshi grill with custom emblem
    I went with pro comp came out to 504

6. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Dellingerj1

Dellingerj1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Derby, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma base reg cab 4x4 Black Sand Pearl
    Flyzeye led...led liscence plate lights...thats it so far
    how did you like the procomp.....has it lasted.....do you have aftermarket ucas?

7. Feb 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    nobody4343

nobody4343 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    hid headlights, black spyder jdm headlight housings, black jdm led spyder taillights, full led bulb swap, hid foglights, 3 inch pro comp lift, black out emblems, two 4 inch hid lights mounted behind the satoshi, wade vent visors, black westin nerf bars, black stubby antenna, k and n cold air intake, flowmaster delta 50 dual exhaust custom black tips, color matched satoshi grill with custom emblem
    No stock uca still I like it it's not as rough as people make it sound it's was worth the money I paid

To Top