1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3-Leaf vs. 4-Leaf TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by davelac, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Feb 5, 2012 at 4:48 AM
    davelac

davelac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital Region
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5
    After reading a number of postings about the leaf spring TSB, is it really worth have the work done to replace my 3-leaf with the 4-leaf? I don't do any off-roading, no real heavy loads in the bed, don't tow and the truck rides very smooth in my opinion. I hate to have my new truck torn apart on the back end by the local dealers and not be happy with it later.

What's the concensus out there?

2. Feb 5, 2012 at 5:11 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Thousands drive thier trucks not even knowing about the TSB and don't have a problem. If you don't think you'll need it, don't bother.

3. Feb 5, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    Twizter68

Twizter68 AMS1(AW), USN retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Weatherford, TX and Fahad al-Ahmed, Kuwait
    Vehicle:
    08 Crew Cab Prerunner
    If you don't tow, or load the bed down on a regular basis with wood, dirt, cinder blocks, etc., then don't worry about it.

HOWEVER! If you DO do all of the above, you need it, asap!

4. Feb 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You already answered the question...You don't have a complaint so the TSB (which was written to respond to customer complaints) isn't for you...
    I think it goes "Ain't broke...Don't fix it"

5. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    Gabe911

Gabe911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner MGM
    Debadged, Rear TSB, Blue LED dome and Bright White Map Lights, Hard Top Tonneau Cover, OME885 coils (no top plate spacers)OME shocks and struts, 1.5" AAL for TSB Rear,285/70/17 Trail Grapplers, 17x9 XD Addicts with 4.5 bs, Black 4" exhaust tip, Bed pocket lights, rear diff breather Mod
    I did it a couple weeks ago...it lifted the rear about 1" but has already settled some without loading....i did the tsb because I plan on lifting the front with a mild lift....its under warraty and made sense to me...the ride did not change at all to me...just the stance of the truck...hope it helps

6. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    YotaMark

YotaMark Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Mentor, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4 cyl 5 speed 4X4
    Rear Gate security Mod (although I seldom take my eyes off it) "Harsh Ride" Shocks and Springs TSB performed by "Me" New Cooper Discoverer AT3s 265/75R16s (fit well) Front "Tacoma Mike" light mod! Rugged Ridge floor mats. Bought another set of D rings and installed them in my wheel well. Perfect! Just hit the big 6000 Miles 12/19/11, Installed an alarm system to go with my factory power door locks 1/21/12
    I love the way my truck rides since I did the TSB.. BUT, the new springs moved my rear end out of alignment. my thrust angle was out. it took alot of messing around on the alignment rack to get it to track straight again.

7. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    xxaarraa

xxaarraa Well-Known Member

Member:
    I think 90% of the folks get the tSB done because, combined with the billies up front, it's a very cheap way to get 2-3" of lift.

8. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    Dark_Taco

Dark_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Stock
    This.

Products Discussed in

To Top