1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by strengthcoach4, May 21, 2009.

1. May 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    strengthcoach4

strengthcoach4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 DC/SB PreRunner SR5
    BHLM, Color Matched Grill & Emblem, Painted Wheels, Spidertrax, Painted Engine Cover, Aero-Exhaust Muffler, Sockmonkey TRD Maui decals, ARE Tonneau Cover, Debadged, Fog light anytime
    Hey guys, total newbie here. This is a great forum and I'm learning more and more each time I sign in!

Does anyone have any experience with these or spacers like them?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I recently had the rear TSB done and would like to raise the front end of my truck. I was thinking about doing either these or the Billy's set to 2.5. I'm looking for the easiest and least expensive method to achieve a little lift. Down the road I may lift the back with a 1-1.5" block. Any input is greatly appreciated!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    if you set the billys to 2.5 with the tsb, you're going to be nose high in the front. you're best bet is to order billy 5100s from downsouthmotorsports (all 4) set them @ you're desired height and put an aal (add a leaf for tsb from toytec).

that would give you the best and quality lift for your money. also, be aware of potential issues with raising your truck 2.5", search driveline shudder. it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen and a possibility on your truck. you'll never know until you get the lift installed, things that correct this are alignment, shims, carrier drop, and/or swaybar relocate kits. all of those that I mentioned are available on the toytec website. if you get shims, you need longer ubolts as the stock ones barely clear with the aal and shims per darrick @ toytec.

Bilstein 5100s
    http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-1...acoma-pre-runner-4wd-pre-load-adjustable.html

ToyTec AAL for TSB 3 degree zinc axle shims
    Longer U-Bolts The Drive Shaft Carrier Bearing Kit I've done much research and reading on this forum about this as I want to lift my truck soon.

3. May 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    strengthcoach4

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 DC/SB PreRunner SR5
    BHLM, Color Matched Grill & Emblem, Painted Wheels, Spidertrax, Painted Engine Cover, Aero-Exhaust Muffler, Sockmonkey TRD Maui decals, ARE Tonneau Cover, Debadged, Fog light anytime
    thanks for the reply. I am strongly looking at the Bilsteins though I don't know if I really need it as I do not do any off-roading. I just want the lift for looks. Also, I was looking at that leveling kit that I linked to earlier because it says "no spring compressor required". So it seems a lot easier.

4. May 21, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
  5. May 22, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    strengthcoach4

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 DC/SB PreRunner SR5

Products Discussed in

To Top