1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Lift Poll for 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NoDrAmA357HK, Jul 7, 2011.

?

3" Lift for 2011 DBL 4x4

Poll closed Aug 6, 2011.
  1. - Pro Comp

19 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. - Toytec Ultimate lift kit

45 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. - Toytec Ultimate w/ Radflo front Coilovers

10 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. - 3" w/ Bilstein 5100 Coil Overs

45 vote(s)
    23.3%
  5. - OME Suspension Lift Kit

98 vote(s)
    50.8%
  6. - Toytec AAL

15 vote(s)
    7.8%
  7. - TSB w/ AAL

10 vote(s)
    5.2%
  8. - DAKAR CS047 Leaf Spring

48 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    That's a good question! i really do not have the answer. Back then, I really did not do any off-roading. I did haul a few loads to to dump and hauled wood in the winter. I know the Dump scale house said I had a load of 960LBS which was the most I have taken to the dump. I believe the split wood I hauled during the winter weighed a little more than the stuff I took to the dump. I never had any indication the spring was going to break. I was helping a friend who ran out of gas on his quad. He was a 1/2 mile from his house and I saw him on the side of the road. I stopped, picked him up and drove him to his house. He got a gas can with gas and I drove him back to his quad. Now my friend is called BIG KEN. He is about 6'-7" and weighs about 450LBS He sat in the pass front seat. He got out of my truck, I backed up to turn my truck around, then when I put it in drive, I heard a very loud bang. It was the pass side leaf spring. It broke off in front of the drive axle and hit the bottom of the trucks frame. I drove it home and ordered the Old Man Emu / Dakar Leafs. A much better set up. Hope this helps you with your question. My quick answer is that "TOYOTA used Junk Leaf Springs on the 2006 Tacoma." After they realized it they put out a TSB to replace them. Of course my truck already had over the 36.000 miles on it when this happened, so they would not honor the TSB.

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    FWIW , the TSB springs are crap too

Products Discussed in

To Top