1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" lift w/ 33" tires or 6" lift w/ 35" tires

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nomaxpi, Jan 28, 2012.

?

Lift and Tires

Poll closed Feb 27, 2012.
  1. 3" Lift w/ 33" Tires

232 vote(s)
    74.8%
  2. 6" Lift w/ 35" Tires

53 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. Save the money and buy stock in Apple

25 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Mar 8, 2015 at 2:25 PM
    Road LessTraveled

Road LessTraveled Member

Member:
    Jackson County, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    4WD Xtra cab, longbed
    Stock truck. I am planning on trading in my truck for a 2016 and building a truck kind of like the one in my picture once the parts become available. Future mods: Front: -King extended & adjustable 18" coilovers with remote reservoir -Total Chaos Heim Pivot UCA's -6" BDS Spidles & Crossmembers -Extended brake lines -Pilfreybilt bumper with skid plate -Glassworks front fender 6" rise and 4" bulge -Carbon Creations carbon fiber hood -Carbon fiber hood pins Rear: -6" Alcan leaf pack with Orbit Eye -King extended shocks with remote reservoir -Rear Diff. breather mod -Pilfreybilt rear bumper -Extended brake lines -Glassworks rear fenders with 4" rise and 4" bulge Misc: -4.56 gears -One-piece driveshaft -17x10 rims with 4.5 backspacing -35x12.5x17 Fierce Attitude tires -50" LED light bar -Green HID's -Green LED Fogs -Soft topper
    Thank you for the clarification N0rth. With that much clearance in the front, my eyes fooled me thinking it had to be a 2WD. I was told from Wheelers Offroad to stay away from Long Travel for doing any kind of serious offroad like Monkeyproof is doing. That LT is just meant for desert racing applications.

Monkeyproof, how does your truck handle compared to other Tacomas with 3" mid-travel shocks that most members would suggest having on these rock climbing trails?

To Top