1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" lift with 20" wheels??? Pics...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jetmagnum, May 3, 2010.

1. May 3, 2010 at 12:07 PM
    jetmagnum

jetmagnum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NEW JERSEY
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    Anyone running a 3" lift setup of anykind with 20" wheels? Would like to see some pics including the size of the tires you squeezed in.....

Thanks guys in advance!

2. May 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    Redgrom

Redgrom http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Just watch your backspacing, a 20 is going to be a wide rim and might hit the cab mount. I know my 18's are really close to the mount. Also I am sure you already know this but if you are using the truck offroad 20 are not the best idea. My 18's are a little big even with 285 65 18s I sometimes could use more side wall. Just a thought if you plan to go offroad. if I was to do it over again I would run 17's but I do go offroad from time to time.

3. May 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    Agent7

Agent7 Senior Executive of Nothing.

Member:
    Toronto, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6spd
    BHLM, Stubby Antenna, Custom Front Grill, Debaged Tailgate, Added TRD Emblem, Removed Factory Pinstripes, Leer 100XL Cap, Prolumen 6000K HID Kit with custom glare shields, Eurolite Yellow fog lights, 20" Fast Hustler wheels (black w/3" deepdish polished lip), Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20's, Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers, Custom LED Gauges, Pioneer AVIC F700BT All-In-One Indash Navigation (Hacked)
    Thats mostly to do with tire size as opposed to wheel size. I'm running 275-60-20's and yes they are close to the cab mount under lock to lock steering, but haven't heard them scrape once. I did however have to do some trimming to the inner fender walls for clearance. But if you wanted to avoid those issues, you can just run 275-55-20's and there is a good selection of A/T tires in the size. The only problem with running a lower profile tire offroad is how much your able to deflate without sacrificing the rim... otherwise your still more than capable to do aggressive offroading. I'd say its more driver ability than 17" versus 20" in an offroad situation (given your running the same tires). Just for the record I'm running spidertrax wheel spacers up front to clear the UCA's as well. ;)

Here's a link to some pics for reference to the op.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078185

my truck looks a little different now, but you get the idea of the setup....

4. May 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    jetmagnum

jetmagnum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NEW JERSEY
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    I really like the look of your truck, although i just went to the cooper website to check the specs on that zeon tire and i dont see a 275/60r20? I do see a 275/65r20?

Also, do you know the offset/backspace on the wheels you are running?

I am going to try to run a 295/55r20 nitto trail grappler...specs on that tire are 32.9 diameter and 12.5 width....

Again, nice rig!

5. May 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    Agent7

Agent7 Senior Executive of Nothing.

Member:
    Toronto, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6spd
    BHLM, Stubby Antenna, Custom Front Grill, Debaged Tailgate, Added TRD Emblem, Removed Factory Pinstripes, Leer 100XL Cap, Prolumen 6000K HID Kit with custom glare shields, Eurolite Yellow fog lights, 20" Fast Hustler wheels (black w/3" deepdish polished lip), Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20's, Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers, Custom LED Gauges, Pioneer AVIC F700BT All-In-One Indash Navigation (Hacked)
    Thanks.

As far as tire sizing... I know they make them, cause they're on my truck. lol If you go to the dicount tire direct website you can see the different sizes they have in stock there, as well as a bunch of tire options. Good luck with your search, you can't go wrong with the Nitto's... very nice tire!

6. Jun 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    HoLLaWaY

HoLLaWaY Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD SR5
    3" lift, Bakflip G2, Pioneer Appradio 2, 10,000k HID's
    old thread but just wondering if you had any issues with the 295/55r20 nitto trail grapplers? very interested in getting this tire

Products Discussed in

To Top