1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Spacer/AAL Lift with or without TSB?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by bluevan99, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Oct 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    bluevan99

bluevan99 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB SR5 TRD Sport
    Hey y'all

just picked up a new (for me, last truck was a 20r) 07 Tacoma LB DC TRD sport 4wd stock suspension and after-market 17's, 30k miles.

I would like to level it out and lift a touch, have seen the many options and read hours of great threads.

Decided to go simple with 3" spacer/aal since my driving is mostly on-road with some dirt/farm road and snow driving. I haul light loads around and haven't had a problem with the stock 3 leaf yet.

I haven't had the TSB done but i do qualify. Not sure if i should have the TSB done in addition to the aal or just go with the aal. I'm ok with the stock ride but a bit firmer is also ok. I've talked to a couple of manufacturers reps and gotten wishy washy -you could do either- answers from all.

Would love to hear opinions from people with experience with this situation and the larger tacomas. Will the combo of leaves be too stiff and have a poor ride with light or no loads, or does the larger and heavier dc/lb soften it out?

I know some will not like my choice of lift so i respect and consider other options also, just want whats right for my needs without breaking the bank. I've searched forums on multiple sites and haven't gotten a good answer from what i've read but please give me a link if i've totally missed something.

Thanks for any help and patience.

2. Oct 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Here's my truck with that same lift, running 265/75/16's
    [​IMG]

3. Oct 20, 2009 at 9:24 AM
    bluevan99

bluevan99 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB SR5 TRD Sport
    Truck looks good! Is that Pro comp AAL without the TSB and you are pleased?

Products Discussed in

To Top