1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" suspension + 3" body lift?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mkatts, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Jan 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    mkatts

mkatts [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    95 Reg cab 4x4 2.7L
    yea, yea I know this is like jumping rope on a razor blade here...
    So please, for the 99% of you who don't like body lifts, I get it.

I on the other like them. I like seeing the frame. I like seeing the inner working. Much in the same vain as a "real" monster truck you can see the moving parts.
    There is nothing you can say that I have not heard or ready before. So if you don't mind, can we please keep this on topic?

So, with that being said...

In my case, I have a 95 2.7L 5 speed, 4x4 reg cab. I want to replicate an '86 that I had when I was a kid. It had a 3" suspension and 3" BL and 33's on when I bought it.I won't get much if any chance to go off road with it. Will be 99.9% on the road. Basically going for "looks". It has 185000 miles on it. I only drive 7 miles to work so ride doesn't much matter. It's a truck not a caddy. I put 200K miles on that truck and never had an issue until I cracked the head while in the AF in TX. I just traded it off for a new car. I still regret that decision, but I needed wheels at the time!

If I go with a 3" suspension lift using blocks (rough country) and then a 3" body lift (haven't decided which yet). Are there any issues that would clash between the two lifts?
    I know I will need to make a custom set of brake lines for the front and rear. Do they make parking brake cables with extra length?

What about the gear and diff shifter levers? Do the body lift kits have extensions for them?

I don't remember in reading about some body lifts that they noted there may be an issue when combined with a suspension lift.

If there is a post that answers this, please let me know. I searched on "body lift" on the whole forum and couldn't find any discussion on those details.
    I just replaced 100% of the rear brake hardware including the parking brake cables so I am hoping there is enough slack in them to keep them in tact.

Again, I understand that many of you don't like body lifts. I do like them.Regardless of your opinion of them, I will be putting one on my truck because I like it. :)

Thank you for your time.

2. Jan 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    For body lifts I wouldn't look anywhere but to Roger Brown at 4crawler.com. Best option for bodylifts out there for the Tacoma.

I don't forsee any issues with his BL kit that would interfere with any suspension setup.

3. Jan 21, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    eaglesfn5402

eaglesfn5402 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not in a 1st gen anymore but I just contacted Roger Brown on Friday about a 1" body lift for my 2013 and he responded on Saturday. Looks like the kits come with everything you need when ordering through him. 1" kit even came with a drop bracket for the radiator, affordable price at $130 shipped. With the 3" kit you just need more things like the steering column extension, shifter extension, brackets for the front and rear bumpers, and the drop radiator bracket again (you might need more I'm not sure. that's all that comes to mind at the moment though.)

4. Jan 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    mkatts

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    95 Reg cab 4x4 2.7L
    thanks guys. I will go look him up.

5. Jan 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Some of this Some of that
    I'm selling a day star 1 inch body lift. It replaces the cab mounts with poly ones and has 1 inch lift built in. If you change your mind about the three inch body.

6. Jan 21, 2014 at 3:59 PM
    mkatts

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    95 Reg cab 4x4 2.7L
    thanks. ill keep it ij mind

7. Jul 1, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    badshark

badshark Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tim
    silverdale wa
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma trd offroad
    did you have a factory hitch ? i cant seem to find one that works with a factory hitch

8. Jul 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM
    badshark

badshark Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tim
    silverdale wa
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma trd offroad
    bl that is lol

Products Discussed in

To Top