1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Toytec lift; 884 front springs w/ 2" ALL...What shocks should I go with????

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mtlheadhntr, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jan 20, 2010 at 1:31 AM
    mtlheadhntr

mtlheadhntr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richie
    Live in South GA / From Milwaukee, WI (WI boy at h
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver TRD Offroad 4x4 SR5
    3" Suspension lift; 884 OME front coils w/ 2" ALCAN AAL, General Grabber AT2s 265/75-16, Black powdercoated nerf bars, Black UWS low profile tool box, Blacked out badges, EGR In-Channel Vent Visors, Sockmonkey bedside decal, Keyed hose clamp tailgate mod, 15% tinted windows in front and blacked out in the rear, Weathertech digital fit liners front and back, Wet Okole seat covers, Sirius Starmate 5, and this week will be the BHLM and paint wheels Black!
    Whats up fellas??

My truck is a 05' Access Cab TRD Offroad 4x4. Im currently running the 3" Toytec lift; 884 OME springs in the front and a 2" AAL in the rear. My shocks are still stock. When I go over speed bumps or train tracks, my rear shocks sound like they are "topping" out. I know I need longer shocks! What shocks should I go with, Bilstein 5100s or OME since Im running an OME kit? Any info would be appreciated. Please chime in if you are running the same setup and let me know what shocks you have. Thanks guys!!

2. Jan 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal I think I'm getting the Fear.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Parkesburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB TRD 4x4
    Yes.
  3. Jan 20, 2010 at 2:03 AM
    mtlheadhntr

Member:
    First Name:
    Richie
    Vehicle:
    3" Suspension lift; 884 OME front coils w/ 2" ALCAN AAL, General Grabber AT2s 265/75-16, Black powdercoated nerf bars, Black UWS low profile tool box, Blacked out badges, EGR In-Channel Vent Visors, Sockmonkey bedside decal, Keyed hose clamp tailgate mod, 15% tinted windows in front and blacked out in the rear, Weathertech digital fit liners front and back, Wet Okole seat covers, Sirius Starmate 5, and this week will be the BHLM and paint wheels Black!

Thanks Jarhead! J/K man, thanks for the input. I think that is the route that I probably will take. I dont know if I want to do my fronts again. The rear is the worst. I probably should so I can be done with it.

4. Jan 20, 2010 at 2:07 AM
    MY50cal

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Parkesburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB TRD 4x4
    Yes.
    :laugh: wasnt sure how you might take it flyboy :D yeah, redo the fronts, you need the new shocks and the kit comes with new springs... so get 885's - just so if you ever down the road feel like putting some more on the front end you dont have to worry about it.

5. Jan 20, 2010 at 2:16 AM
    mtlheadhntr

Member:
    First Name:
    Richie
    Vehicle:
    You honestly think I need the whole kit? The ride is not that bad. I was just planning on doing shocks all the way around. I honestly dont see myself adding a bumper or anything like that.

6. Jan 20, 2010 at 2:19 AM
    MY50cal

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Parkesburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB TRD 4x4
    Yes.
    No, you don't "need" it. but if you can save up the money I would say it is definitely worth it. I see what your saying though, at the least upgrade all the shocks.

7. Jan 20, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Commifornia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    To much to list...see sig for more...
    I would pair those 884 w/ new OME shocks since they are valved better for the OME coils.

8. Jan 20, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    since your using the 884's its recommended to use the OME shocks with that. i had the same problem with my 884's on stock shocks and i solved my problem...but the expensive way :D

To Top