1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Ultimate Installed - Truck Wandering

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Trooper440, May 13, 2010.

1. May 13, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    Trooper440

Trooper440 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport,Dbl. Cab, Short, Speedway Blue
    Bug Shield, Vent Visors, XM Radio, Black Toolbox, TRD emblems, N-Fab step bars, KMC XD 17"x9" wheels, Weathertech floor mats, Door seal protectors, Blue booster seat, 3" Ultimate lift, MT ATZ 285-70-17 tires
    I have a 2007 dbl. cab 4x4. I installed 3" Ultimate lift, 17x9 (4.5 backspace) wheels and M/T Baja ATZ 285-70-17 tires. I still have factory UCA's. My truck wanders on the road to the point that it's not uncontrollable but drives me crazy. Could this be cured with the Light Racing UCA's or would it be an alignment problem. I do know that some of it can be contributed to the wider tires wanting to follow the grooves in the road. If I do need UCA's can I install or is it a project that should be left up to a professional. (I installed the lift with a buddy with above average mechanical skills.) It has been aligned but still have front tires leaning out at top, they told me to bring it back in a week or two so that they could check to see if the alignment needs adjusting. The mechanic told me that the lift needed time to settle and that's why they wanted me to come back.
    I really don't want to by another set of front tires if it would be cheeper to go ahead and get the UCA's.
    Thanks I would really appreciate the assistance - any assistance!

2. May 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The LR UCA's would help fix the wandering.

3. May 13, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    Trooper440

Trooper440 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport,Dbl. Cab, Short, Speedway Blue
    Bug Shield, Vent Visors, XM Radio, Black Toolbox, TRD emblems, N-Fab step bars, KMC XD 17"x9" wheels, Weathertech floor mats, Door seal protectors, Blue booster seat, 3" Ultimate lift, MT ATZ 285-70-17 tires
    Thanks, I really like to keep things as close to factory specs as possible. I guess it would be different if the thing was paid for. lol

4. May 14, 2010 at 4:12 AM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    I have almost the same setup with the UCA's and have no trouble with mine. Maybe the UCA's will help.

5. May 14, 2010 at 5:25 AM
    skywalker1000rr

skywalker1000rr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 Sport
    Sounds like alignment issue to me, mine has a 3" with stock UCA's, no wandering issues at all.

6. May 14, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Well even though the LRs aren't "factory" they do keep the alignment specs at factory levels.

Products Discussed in

To Top