1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

30 and younger thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacoMaster44, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Feb 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    TacoMaster44

TacoMaster44 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD
    This is so true. And great story!

2. Feb 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    21 at midnight! :D :woot: :yay:

3. Feb 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    Man that is just music to my ears. The soundtrack to my youth.

4. Feb 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Thank you im glad you took the time to read it lol, Sometimes the old days sound so nice. This country is taking an ugly turn for the worse :(

5. Feb 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    TacoMaster44

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah and heading there quickly.......

6. Feb 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    I really can't even imagine what it will be like in 10 years. World war 3, a civil war, nuclear warfare. It's all highly probable with the way things are going now.

7. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    With all the school shootings and massacres, I can imagine 10 years from now is going to be an ugly place, it would take alot of change to get this country back on the right track.

8. Feb 27, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    guitarjamman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    The most interesting part of it all is that we can change society in just one generation, hell, probably in 15 years we can straighten this shit out. Give it 10 years and most of us participating in this forum will be married and have kids (some of us are already there or very close) - when it comes time to raise our children, we can sort out the kinks and fix the issues that are now occuring. Instill integrity and honesty, but most importantly respect....

I look at a lot of kids in highschool (my youngest brother is still there) and see a complete lack of respect for anyone. There is this self-centered "everybody get a trophy" mentality that is just tearing society up, and the infected are getting younger and younger. It seems if parents could give a good ass-whoopin' - or people could just brawl it out and be done with it as opposed to sueing someone to the ends of the Earth - the punk asses would begin to realize that they aren't shit in the grand scheme of things. Doing the right thing these days will get you in more trouble than taking the easy way out.

ToyComa92 - all I can say is that "you 'da man!" Thank you for taking the time to listen, that is the best thing anyone can do.

Now get off my lawn!

9. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...

in theory we "could" fix the place up in 10-15 years but it wont happen. Im 27 and my wife is 28. We have one child who is about to be 3 and only plan on having one. We know two sets of couples who are also only having one child.
    There lies one of the problems. the good breeders are having fewer kids and all the "me me me, where's mine" folks are having 2,3,4+ kids that they cant take care of. the majority and minority are trading places as we speak.

10. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    In 15 years, I predict that teen pregnancy will be the norm and school will be designed around having a family. There's already 2 6th graders pregnant at my old school, and my old high school has a daycare for kids of the kids. It's full and they accept 20 babies. One girl that's a senior has 3 kids already. :puke:

11. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

HIst8ofMIND Defend Hawaii

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    Well a recent study showed that our current society is less in debt. That took what? About 2 generations? I'm guessing it'll take the same for the z generation to be less inept.

12. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I blame MTV's teen mom...haha

I heard on the news the other day that there are now less HS dropouts and higher test scores...guess what? If you keep lowering the standard then of course people will score better...for a little while anyways.

13. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    All I gotta say is. You can't fix stupid. As for respect, younger kids don't know what that is. One of my younger relatives decided to slap and thought it would be funny. So I bitched slapped him back and he threatened to call the cops.

14. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    TacoMaster44

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD
    Im still in highschool, and i can tell you first hand they are definitely not lowering the standard. If anything they're raising it.

15. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    guitarjamman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    Not trying to start a pissing match but ever since the "no child left behind act" was passed, the competency of students are slowly dropping across the board. The concepts that are tested upon for the state-wide standardized tests are slowly improving (they have to for the school to receive federal funding), but the well rounded students of yester-year are slowly disappearing. So long are the days of home-ec and tech-ed, those are not considered "core concepts" needed by students to succeed in the real world. Instead of getting a bullshit class that you can take and blow off some steam before heading to math, they are replaced by a required foreign language or social world lesson.

Instead of students learning real world knowledge and life lessons taught by schools AND parents, they are only learning how to read a book and spit the information back on paper for the administrations approval. Teachers have to slow down and teach to two items: The standardized test & the class screw-up. If little Johnny fails the standardized test, then by golly, we won't let him graduate...Keep that kid back and make him try it again next year! Used to be that if you got decent grades, the world considered you acceptable and take you in.

*These statements do not apply to all students. Some are extremely bright and have a balanced lifestyle with a family that supports them AND punishes them.

16. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    guitarjamman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    And to try and get this back on track:

[​IMG]

I found one of these in my old toy box not too long ago when helping my parents move.

17. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    30 and younger ey...

18. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    And to bring it to the modern era. There's an app for that.

19. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Lol'd. My old school had to drop the standardized testing because there were so many Latinos that couldn't pass it. And we had a month dedicated to practice tests and studying for a standardized test that no other schools studied for. The government almost cut funding on us.

20. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I watch the show, don't know why, but I find it entertaining lol. And as a side note, I actually went out on a date the other day with a guy who's brother was on the first season on 16 & Pregnant. Pretty fun conversation :D

That's another thing, I feel that it's going to start becoming more of a common thing that people are on game shows or reality shows. Even my parents have talked to a handful of people who've been on them. Very sad that a lot of the younger generation look up to "role models" like in teen mom, jersey shore, bad girls club etc. not to mention they have shows about everything now.

Products Discussed in

To Top