1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Born in the 80s crowd (previously known as the 30s thread)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by SteelRain, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Dec 4, 2018 at 11:01 AM
    AugustusJack

AugustusJack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    A.J.
    NW WA
    Vehicle:
    '19 DCLB OR, '00 XC 3.4L 4wd MT
    Hell maybe I don't want to look into it. That aspect is still doing just fine. Could def use more energy after a day's work though

2. Dec 4, 2018 at 11:05 AM
    MattCowsmasher

MattCowsmasher ( -_・)ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    O3 Rubicon wrangler
    Frankenstein lift, warn winch, heavy rear bumper swing out
    Its not like your a raging monster lol its pretty structured. After you get your lab results doc will go over it with you an set you out on a base dose after 30-45 days you get labs again an adjust from there. Im on mild dose since the initial was to high I feel like Im 21 again energy wise but with a little more wisdom. It really improved my quality of life Im not so grumpy an lazy anymore.

3. Dec 4, 2018 at 11:09 AM
    AugustusJack

Member:
    First Name:
    A.J.
    NW WA
    Vehicle:
    Haha if my people read this they'd tell me to get on it yesterday

4. Dec 4, 2018 at 11:09 AM
    MattCowsmasher

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    O3 Rubicon wrangler
    :rofl:

5. Dec 4, 2018 at 3:28 PM
    Biscuits

Biscuits Thorny Crown of Entropy

Member:
    Swiggity swangin' biggity bangin'
    Negative, but please allow me piggyback on @MattCowsmasher's responses. If anything, mood swings are far less pronounced and your mood is consistently positively elevated. You don't have the grumpiness and negative mental attitude associated with low testosterone. Do you have to be aware of heightened aggressive behavior? Yes, much the same way an early 20-something year old man has to content with it. Gotta be aware of that side effect and have the discipline to regulate yourself. But you aren't going to murder your family or experience "roid rage" that is falsely portrayed through ignorance. The people who do that were raging assholes before and the testosterone did nothing except exacerbate that asshole-ness.

Obviously, the elevated testosterone will affect your sex drive and quality of erections, but that's a given.

A few things to keep in mind is that when your body senses the massive increase in testosterone over what it thinks are "normal" levels, a couple of things will happen. One, your body will shut down it's natural testosterone production in an attempt to reduce the testosterone production and two, your body will increase estrogen to compensate. Hence why some men experience gynecomastia, a symptom of hormone imbalance in the body. There are a couple of ways to keep the balance, namely through the addition of an anti-estrogen medication and HCG.

Is testosterone a wonder drug? Of course not, but as men get older, the testosterone production diminishes and we don't even realize it most of the time because the reduction is so gradual. Think of it as being a frog in a pot of boiling water. We get used to existing at a dimished capacity. Mood, posture, energy... They all suffer. Once the testosterone is replenished in a normalized and controlled level, it's a night and day difference. You realize what you've lost and are happy to feel normal again.

Hahaha dis.

6. Dec 4, 2018 at 3:30 PM
    MattCowsmasher

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    O3 Rubicon wrangler
    :bowdown:AMEN WELL SAID

7. Dec 4, 2018 at 3:33 PM
    Biscuits

Member:
    @AugustusJack

Another thing. Sleep. The inability to sleep has been correlated to low testosterone in men. Get that testosterone levels up again and you'll be getting deep restful sleep like a baby.

8. Dec 4, 2018 at 3:34 PM
    AugustusJack

Member:
    First Name:
    A.J.
    NW WA
    Vehicle:
    My work hours beg to differ. Def worth looking into though.

9. Dec 4, 2018 at 3:41 PM
    Biscuits

Member:
    I completely understand long/erratic work hours, but when you're able to sleep, it's wonderful. Definitely worth looking into.

I am in no way saying this applies to you directly, but men in general are very reluctant to take care of their health and bodies. There is a false sense of machismo and shame associated with the effects of age and admitting to experiencing health (both physical and mental) problems. Can't be that way. The only way to get better, to be better, is to face and embrace the truth about ourselves and do something about it. We all deserve a healthy and happy quality of life, but we have to be prepared to set aside the ego and confront health issues head on.

10. Dec 5, 2018 at 6:14 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    I like a lot of people want to be a person that is counted on and I know it's idiotic and stupid but it is difficult for me to ask for help. I'm getting better about taking care of myself and asking for help.

In the past I had an injury which I thought I could walk off... I could not and waited till it was an emergency to take care of it. I like to think that I grew up a little bit and learned my lesson. The reason I didn't take care of it earlier was partly pride and partly not wanting to burden loved ones. Both are terrible reasons especially the latter because those are the people that are always there for me and want nothing more than to help me. It's a hard lesson to learn that none of us can make it on their own. At some point in our lives we are going to need to count on someone for rescuing so it is better not to be detestable because it increases your chances of getting helped.

Truthfully, I'm embarrassed about having waited so long. I won't be saying anything like I waited for years to take care of it as if it validates my toughness. All I accomplished was that I prolonged my misery.

11. Dec 5, 2018 at 6:32 AM
    Toywoodsguy82

Toywoodsguy82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Body Armor front and rear bumpers Method 703 Wheels Falken wildpeak AT3’s Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit
    but does it help with snoring haha :anonymous:

Biscuits[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Dec 5, 2018 at 6:34 AM
    Biscuits

Member:
    I'm right there with you; I have been in a very similar situation and for the same reasons. It had a hell of an impact on my life and the occasion pain I feel is a reminder of my own mortality. Keeps me honest. So I figure if I can help someone else, help prevent even just one person from repeating the same mistake(s), than I'm happy.

13. Dec 5, 2018 at 7:09 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    There are some people that just don't learn. I can go on and on about the number of times my father has been rushed to the emergency room because he's waited too long. I would have thought he would have learned his lesson but he has not and will likely never learn.

14. Dec 7, 2018 at 9:54 AM
    Toywoodsguy82

Toywoodsguy82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Body Armor front and rear bumpers Method 703 Wheels Falken wildpeak AT3’s Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit
    Whats up!!!!!!!!!

Super boring day at work today so I thought I would start chatting it up!

PS I have been looking more and more into that low T stuff

MattCowsmasher likes this.
  15. Dec 7, 2018 at 11:31 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    Just remembering Pearl Harbor Day "a date which will live in infamy." - FDR
    This is kind of a strange but an oddly funny thing, my grandfather was so sour at FDR that he used the phrase "cripple mind, cripple body" as a cuss word because you can't say fuck in front of a four year old. Us kids thought he just disliked handicap people.

16. Dec 9, 2018 at 3:22 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    This might not be seen and I am sure it's been asked here before, but I have a question for all of you 30+'ers.

How much worse are your hangovers now than they were in your 20s? I have completely cut out drinking because I was experiencing death-like hangovers from literally 3 beers, and I feel like something just wasn't right. I did a million tests and everything came back fine, so is it really just age? I see all the memes saying how bad hangovers get in the 30s but this can't be normal. Bed-ridden for a day from 3 beers at 35 years old? How the hell do the 50 and 60 year olds drink at all without dying?

Stash419 likes this.
  17. Dec 9, 2018 at 3:39 PM
    Beef Nachos

Beef Nachos Here for a good time, not a long time

Member:
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    What’s your diet like? Any exercise?

18. Dec 9, 2018 at 3:41 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Was really shitty, but no different than the previous 15 or so years where I felt mostly fine after drinking. A little bit of exercise, could definitely use much more, but I am in decent shape.

19. Dec 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM
    nDub

nDub Kan kun være malet af en gal mand

Member:
    Central Sierras - NorCal
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 TRD OR DCLB and a dǝǝſ
    Lead Free Gasoline
    My experience has been the opposite.

My hangovers are almost non existent now but I used to get death hangovers in my twenties.

Kinda weird because my friends are all starting to experience the hangovers I used to get.

I don’t think my experience is the norm by any means.

drewskie[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Dec 9, 2018 at 5:21 PM
    carcinoid

carcinoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    I can maybe have two glasses of wine or one mixed drink. Anything more than that and I scream out to Jesus the next day to make the misery end.

To Top