1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

31's on an '07?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by squad314, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Dec 15, 2007 at 9:02 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    jhodge,
    before doing any recalibrations, check it first. some guy on here checked it with one of those cop speed things u see up on the road sometimes, i checked my speedo with a gps.....

the reason i say that is someone on here complained it was off from factory. a new tire size speed chart thing i looked at said i should be off by 5 mph at 70mph and i was only off about 3mph, that leads me to think i was off 2mph the other way when it was stock... :confused:

i think i am about as far off on accuracy now as i was stock, just the other dirrection... make sense?

2. Dec 20, 2007 at 3:32 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Got 'em yesterday.......Michelin LTX M/S,265/70/17.Great ride,better in the snow and slush and look great.They really fill the wheel well and I'm very pleased.Thanks again for the input everyone.

3. Dec 21, 2007 at 8:16 AM
    08Tacoma

08Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma, DblCab, 4x4, TrdSport, BlackSandPearl, 2.5" Toytec, TubeSteps, WindowTinting
    So Squad???

Did you put those tires on stock wheels??
    Do you have any rubbing??

I am planning to put same tire size 265/70/17, but BFAllterrain, with 17x9 wheels, ProComp Series 608. I already have a Toytec 2.5" Front coilspacers!!!

4. Dec 21, 2007 at 4:20 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Hey 08,

Stock TRD Sport 17" wheels.No rubbing.If you haven't already,check the links from jhodge83 and tacomaman06 earlier in this thread.They have some excellent info on swapping out wheels and tires and such.Something I found out was that the larger tires would make my speedo read slow....That is,when showing 100 km/h,I would actually be travelling 103.4 km/h.When I took my GPS and measured my truck when the speedo was at 100,I was really going 97.5 km/h.So by putting on the bigger skins,I have corrected up to just about true.

Good luck,and when I get a chance and the truck isn't covered with salt and crap,I'll get a pic and post it up.

Products Discussed in

To Top