1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

328k on a '98...just broke in....or ready for rebuild....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by omegaman1955, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Jun 29, 2017 at 8:35 AM
    omegaman1955

omegaman1955 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Somewhere near Pie Town/Quemado,NM
    Vehicle:
    '98 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    I was contemplating getting the suspension redone on my old faithfull Tacoma. Came with 15" rims and want to keep it fairly stock. Riding on larger/taller tires than original 265 75R 15s & I know I have worn it down over the years from too much firewood on leaf springs,Sierra & NM FS/BLM roads,hunting,not to mention just around the ranch. Gabriels on back & Napa stock replacement coil overs in front about 4yrs ago.
    What parts,shocks etc would you folks suggest? OME,Napa....etc? I'm far from any town really.Local garage does OK work & I check out all the broken rigs that get towed to town..lol.But it is more of a shade tree enterprise...engine,etc work has been decent,but no allignment suspension shop really here.
    I know any time the front will start to go,back leafs are almost there. Not really wanting to lift it much... as I am a believer in that leads to having to replace parts all the time afterwords from stress not meant by Toyota...lol... Did that with annual U-joint replacement every year on the slightly lifted/modified 82' I had for 565k...

Products Discussed in

To Top