1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3M "Aeroguard" Clear Mask Automotive Film

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Vito Corleone, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD D/C
    3" Lift, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 285/75/16 Michelin LTD On TRD Wheels, 20% Tint, Front Skid Plate, Agri Cover Tonneau Cover. Bed Mat, Bed Extender, Tinted Taillamps, Silverstar Ultra Headlamp, Foglamp, DRL/Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Map Light, Dome Light, Reverse Light, Tag Light, And Front Marker Light Bulbs, Stainless Side Steps, Locking Bed Storage Compartment, Foglight Anytime Mod, LED Daytime Running Light Strips (Same As On XSP-X Package), Heated Leather Seats, And TRD Supercharger With URD Pulley. More To Come ...
  2. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD D/C
    3" Lift, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 285/75/16 Michelin LTD On TRD Wheels, 20% Tint, Front Skid Plate, Agri Cover Tonneau Cover. Bed Mat, Bed Extender, Tinted Taillamps, Silverstar Ultra Headlamp, Foglamp, DRL/Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Map Light, Dome Light, Reverse Light, Tag Light, And Front Marker Light Bulbs, Stainless Side Steps, Locking Bed Storage Compartment, Foglight Anytime Mod, LED Daytime Running Light Strips (Same As On XSP-X Package), Heated Leather Seats, And TRD Supercharger With URD Pulley. More To Come ...
    Thanks. The website states that it does not harm paint and can be easily removed. I guess if the internet says it, it has to be true ... lol. I would still rather hear from someone with real world experience using it. I had a 2010 Tacoma before my 2012 and the front end was easily chipped.

3. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    It's leading edge tape for air craft wings it's the same stuff that's all ready on your truck (leading edge of the rear fender) for a whole lot less money. The web site did not work for me but that is what it is just Google air craft tape.

4. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
  5. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    PPFguy

PPFguy Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    11 Prerunner off road
    Paint Protetction Film Custom Windshield (rock chip)
    That is not genuine 3M paint protection film.

6. Nov 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    sch0enne

sch0enne Well-Known Member

Member:
    penticton British Columbia Canada
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD
    bed lights, cobra 19 dx cb radio, flow pro muffler
    I just put it on my 2011 tacoma and it is great. had it on my vehicle before and it totally eliminated rock chips and you barley see it.

I work at a dealership and i guess one word of caution i could suggest is to look at some previous work of whoever you are getting to install it. We use 2 different people and there quality of work is completely different. I dont think i would try to install it myself but it is definitley something i would get on any of my future vehicles

7. Nov 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    black_magic2010

black_magic2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Sport DBL Cab
    I installed this myself on the entire front grill, entire front bumper, half the hood and fenders. Stuff is awesome and you cant see it when its on, expect for when the truck is really dusty, you can then see the difference, but this shouldnt deter you from using it. I've had it on a previous car and let me tell you stuff is not easy to remove should you have to..I got mine from a different website though similar prices. Good luck and this is not something for amatures, it takes skill to apply. I've done a lot of window tinting so that helped me.

8. Nov 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    Surferdude

Surferdude Erich

Member:
    First Name:
    Erich
    Grayslake, il
    Vehicle:
    '11, DC SR5, 4x4
    ProEFX Tonneau cover, Coverking seat covers, Weathertech front floor liners, Coverking Cab Cover, Westin nerfs, in transit...
    I noticed that stuff on the fender flare the night I bought the truck and was like WTF is this!? When the sales guy told me, I was happy.

Here's the stuff and I will be pursuing this soon, while the truck is still new and chip free:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...Protection/Film/Products/Product_Information/

Also has a dealer locator/installer link. Which I'll probably be using instead of doing myself, looks too tedious.

Products Discussed in

To Top