1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd Gen 2.7L TSB for hesitation?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Scrider424, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Feb 2, 2019 at 7:04 AM
    KevinC

KevinC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Quicksand Tacoma
    I got the 4 door 4 banger automatic.

65mph or higher on D and the thing gear hunts like an acordeon on crack.

4-5-6-4-5-6-4-5-6-4-5-6 and it jolts me the hell back into my seat when it goes from 6th to 4th at 5k-6k rmps. It's annoying and concerning.

For now I'm slapping that bitch in S5 at those speeds to keep the truck from its erratic stock behavior, and it's remedying my issue. I'm not sure if you're dealing with that also, but I'm with you.

Toyota needs to spread the 3.5 love and attention tonthe 2.7 owners. We exist too, and we're also dealing with issues.

Love the truck, hope they get it right very soon bc I've been waiting over a year.

2. Feb 2, 2019 at 7:47 AM
    u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride Well-Known Member

Member:
    mine doe NOT DO THIS!! mine does have a hesitation from a dead stop (gas peddle to engine response) but I can otherwise smooth (1.9 t0 2.2 k rpm at 70 mph all day smooth

JNG likes this.
  3. Feb 2, 2019 at 7:50 AM
    Snoopy48

Snoopy48 LRM (1943-2017)

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC

A YEAR??? WOW, you are much more patient than I am. Sorry to hear about your problem and yes, mine is doing what you have described as well except mine starts this BS around 45-50mph. The more speed I gain from there the more prominent feeling it is in the seat of the truck. I now have 1100 miles on it and I have already started the Lemon Law process with Toyota. I DID NOT pay for this crap and I am not going to silently just sit by and hope that those 9 year old zipper heads at Toyota who designed this stupid power package in the first place will eventually issue a TSB. The idea of putting a (159hp) 4 banger in front of a auto transmission in a truck that weighs 4,425lbs. is the stupidest idea I have EVER heard of in my entire life. However with a 5-6 speed manual transmission, OK, I'm good with that and the 4 banger. This crap is beyond stupid and these are the results that come from such a dumba_s idea.

4. Feb 2, 2019 at 7:52 AM
    Snoopy48

Snoopy48 LRM (1943-2017)

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC
    WOW, boy are you fortunate. I wish a throttle hesitation was my problem, I could deal with that, but it's not. It is hard for me to say my issue is a throttle hesitation when for example; I'm holding 70mph steady on a flat road and it feels like someone is gently tapping me in the rear bumper ever so slightly.

5. Feb 2, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride Well-Known Member

Member:
    if your dealer drove mine and yours back to back. they would have no choice but to fix yours!!sorry your having a problem mine has 12500 miles and was good from day one build date is oct 17. Ijust realized you guys are double cabs!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Snoopy48[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Feb 2, 2019 at 8:17 AM
    KevinC

KevinC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Quicksand Tacoma
    Let me know how the proccess goes, I'm curious to know. Honestly it's a great truck, they just have to tweak the ECU and it should be fine!

Edit: also, do you have a lift on it or bigger tires?

7. Feb 2, 2019 at 8:58 AM
    Snoopy48

Snoopy48 LRM (1943-2017)

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC
    Agreed. I have NO issues with the truck at all. But this software glitch is insane. However, getting them to admit it is a software glitch and then for them to create and issue a TSB for it is another entirely different thing. I disconnected the positive cable last weekend for about 30 minutes for the fun of it. I re-connected it, drove it for one day, NO problems at all. On the second day it started right back to doing what is doing now. So, aside the the stupid a_s "learning transmission" bs, the problem still exists.

I will keep everyone updated but as I of right now I am waiting to see the outcome of the lemon law and I'm not sure how long that will take.

Products Discussed in

To Top